Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maccabi Haifa Vs Liverpool CL Qualifier Leg 2 KO 7:35 - UTV

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To be fair Pennant can only work his magic down the left if he has the ball.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

mike65 wrote:
    To be fair Pennant can only work his magic down the left if he has the ball.

Mike.

the right Mike, Pennant plays on the right.

you must be tired and emotional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Mixed performance there. Haifa deserve more credit than a lot of people give them though.

Surprised by Warnock's inclusion - but didn't last long. Pennant didn't get involved as much as I'd like - despite creating the goal - I felt Gonzalez contributed far more.

Anyway - job done - draw on thursday.
    Is the draw not on friday morning ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Is the draw not on friday morning ?
    according to UTV its Thursday @ 5:30 IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:o

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Few points

1. PHEW!!
    2. I dont like to generalise but Israelies are nutters. That press conference left a lot to be desired. Ye wont be missed.
    3. Agger did both him and me a power of good with that performance.
    4. Aurelio could be this years Xabi.
    5. Inspite of points 3 & 4, Our defence remains pourous.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Agger and Aurelio will improve with every game. But we really must beat West Ham on Saturday to get into the groove. Not too much chopping and changing required. Same defence as finished the match. Give Momo time to recover from his injury - play Gerrard and Xabi in the middle, Crouch and Bellamy up-front and any two from Pennant, Garcia and Gonzalez out wide. Keep Bolo on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Anybody else wish we still had Hamann to fill in for Sissoko?

Nightmare game. Hopefully we get a group full of heavyweights so we can play the underdog card again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

PiE wrote:
    Personally I'd prefer Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso to Hamann.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Alas Gerrard and Alonso both fail to what Hamann and Sissoko do/did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

PiE wrote:

Nightmare game. Hopefully we get a group full of heavyweights so we can play the underdog card again.

We're in Pot One

WE are the Heavyweights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Dang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Hi All,

I have been following Liverpool's progression, and other football events, just didnt have the time to comment here.

Liverpool did just enough last night to get through. Far from a stellar perforamnce but there should have been more goals. Haifa's keeper kept them in the game, such as the header from Garcia, and Alonso came close with a couple of shots.

Performances so far this season show a shakiness in the back line and a lack of clinical finishing. There's also been a swathe of injuies and what with new signings and a hgh frequency of games, the line-up is far from stable. I was a bit surpirsed to see Bellamy 'rested' last night as I would have thought that he would have been ideal to play as an on-the-break player when Haifa did push up. He is faster than Pennant who is more of a crosser. Mind you, it was Pennant who skipped in to create that goal passing from the end line, and Crouch did well to 'crouch' down and score from his head from close range.

Haifa didnt push up, but they created a few chances and Reina made a brilliant save when it was 1-1 to prevent the tie being all square.

So, Liverpool start the season with a draw against Sheffield and a scrape through against Haifa, a very important result given the financial consequences. What with the swathe of injuries its not a great start and expectations are high.

As mentioned by others, a win at home against West Ham is what's needed. Gerrard seems to be on form and I would expect the team to raise their game in front of the faithful and to get the win. 2-0, maybe Aurelio from a free-kick.

Redspider

Advertisement