Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very Old Records

• 22-08-2006 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    i have recently bought a house and it contains some old curios, i might post pictures up later, of some old stuff. One is an old 1800 spinning wheel, a cast iron art-deco fireplace and a 1930's Electric clock. But there are also some old records there, the speed is 78 and they were bought in the gramophone store on grafton street, one is a john McCormack recording and there is a selection of Snow white and the seven dwarves songs from the film. so i was just wondering, should i chuck the records or are they worth anything?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

not too sure if the records would be worth anything, but the best thing to do is to check if they are on ebay. you kow if theyd be worth selling after the bid is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mr p

You may not get anything for them on ebay, that wouldn't be unusual for common 78's, but there are people around who collect these things so don't throw them out, put them on freecycle or something.

Any rare ones will certainly sell quite well on ebay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

mickrourke wrote:
    Hi,
    i have recently bought a house and it contains some old curios, i might post pictures up later, of some old stuff. One is an old 1800 spinning wheel, a cast iron art-deco fireplace and a 1930's Electric clock. But there are also some old records there, the speed is 78 and they were bought in the gramophone store on grafton street, one is a john McCormack recording and there is a selection of Snow white and the seven dwarves songs from the film. so i was just wondering, should i chuck the records or are they worth anything?

Thanks

They're pretty much valueless,they were turned out in thier hunderds of thousands back in the day.I have an old gramaphone so if you're gonna chuck them i'll take a few off you.

Advertisement