Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Dentist

Options
  • 22-08-2006 9:24am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good dentist in Balbriggan?

Esp one that can handle someone who maybe a bit nervous well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I wouldn't recommend any to be honest. I wouldn't let a dentist in Balbriggan pull Christmas crackers, never mind teeth.

There's a guy in Skerries, and I can find out his name for you by tomorrow, who I would recommend. He's spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I'll second that post by Bluetonic. Especially the one in the medical centre on the main street. "Gruff" would be the politest way of describing him (moody b****d more like) so no probably not the best for a nervous patient :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Lads,

Whats with the big grump with the Balbriggan Dentists?

I have tried alot of them at this stage and really find it hard to better Dr. McGeown who practices across from The Central.

He is a very calm and soothing character and has never done any wrong by me.

Grant it, there are two others in the town (new enough practices) who come to mind and might fit your above description, but McGeown is a good man who hopefully just slipped your memory :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Bluetonic - that would be great ,thanks:)

Chopperdog - whats the central?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Moonbeam wrote:
    Bluetonic - that would be great ,thanks:)

Chopperdog - whats the central?

The Central is the pub opposite Deli Burger. The dentist is above the opticians as far as I can remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I can deffo recommend Edward (Ted!) Murphy on Fair Street, Drogheda. Well worth the trip!

He's quick and gentle, no chit-chat and no messing.

Best of luck anyway, I too am terrified of going to the dentist! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Mehh

The new Dentist surgery opposite the MCL Garage/Mace is pretty good.
    I've been in there a few times, both the guys I've been to were sound, and it's open late in the evenings too, which is handy.

Mehh wrote:
    The new Dentist surgery opposite the MCL Garage/Mace is pretty good.
    I've been in there a few times, both the guys I've been to were sound, and it's open late in the evenings too, which is handy.

Heard great things about there recently. A neightbour of mine is pretty dentist-phobic and she went there and was totally put at ease. She said he was very reasonable price-wise too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

my mother and girlfriend ( who would be dentist-phobic) went to the dentist on chapel street a few times and both found him fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jack O'Bauer

Yeah, the fella on Chapel St is very good. He had the pleasure of pulling out one of my wisdom teeth recently and did a great job of it. I nearly died but at least it doesn't hurt any more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Yeah, the fella on Chapel St is very good. He had the pleasure of pulling out one of my wisdom teeth recently and did a great job of it. I nearly died but at least it doesn't hurt any more :D

Yea he pulled my wisdom out too. I nearly had a panic attack but he was great. Made sure everything was numb and being honest I will go back without a problem to the get other one pulled.

Nice mannered, receptionist/nurses very friends and the place itself is lovely and clean unlike yer man up the road. His chair is less than 5 foot from the toilet which is beside the kitchen and sink...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Ì'll third those remarks on the chapel street guy. Dr Colin Lynem I think is his name. It's next door to the harvest Pub. Very nice guy, and did a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bustertypsy

100gSoma wrote: »
    Ì'll third those remarks on the chapel street guy. Dr Colin Lynem I think is his name. It's next door to the harvest Pub. Very nice guy, and did a great job.

I agree too.Dr Colin Lynam has an excellent practice.He is an extremely pleasant man and is very professional.He has a modern and high tech set up.
    Also incorporated is a dental hygienist.Yvonne Power is by far the best hygienist I have ever had.I'm only sorry I didn't discover this place sooner(6 Clonard St),but I'm only living here a short time.
    For professional and caring attention I can't recommend them enough.You will not be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭antopanto

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I'll second that post by Bluetonic. Especially the one in the medical centre on the main street. "Gruff" would be the politest way of describing him (moody b****d more like) so no probably not the best for a nervous patient :D

I'll second that, they operate a policy of Apartheid for medical card holders at this practice. They are really nice to clients who are fortunate to be in a position to pay, and damn right snotty with clients who have to rely on Medical Cards. I wonder what the paying clients would think, if they found them selves out of work, and experience the sudden change in attitude. We went there and was told not after 4.00, to make matters worse when we saw the dentist, we was told it needed a tooth extraction (on the wrong tooth), we went to another dentist, and was told it needed root canal treatment.

I agree too.Dr Colin Lynam has an excellent practice.He is an extremely pleasant man and is very professional.He has a modern and high tech set up.

just as a matter of coincidence I was talking to someone last night who said the same thing. I guess things are going well for him since he opened last summer. Great stuff. The other guys in the town were indeed gruff....

Sorry to resurrect this thread guys, but does anyone know the phone number for the new clinic opposite Mace? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Niall McCartan / John Heeney are the ones on Drogheda Street - Opposite Mace. Tel: 01-8417344

A list of all Dentists in Dublin Country (Balbriggan is first in the list Alphabetically) is available here.

Cheers m'dear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

I go to John Heeney and I find him fantastic. He is very friendly and has no problem doping you up to the eyeballs so you don't feel a thing! He also works a lot out of hours so you can get late evening appointments or saturdays. He is also very cheap compared to the dentist I had when I lived in South Dublin. I would really recommend him.

He is very friendly and has no problem doping you up to the eyeballs so you don't feel a thing!

Damn sounds good. I've nothing wrong with my teeth but might book in and see this guy anyways. Work has been tough recently...

• Advertisement

well here I am. over a year later, reading my own advice... LOL
    Need to hit a dentist asap (figuratively speaking). Will try Heeney across from Mace in Drogheda street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Just a bump on this to see if people's opinions have changed or any new insights. I couldn't find a more up to date thread.

Here are 3 practices I am considering:

http://www.balbriggandentalcare.ie/index.html
    http://www.balbriggandental.com/
    http://www.redmondmolloy.ie/

From some leatlets in the door the first seems to offer the best price, some prior posts are happy with the service.

Thought's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Just a bump on this to see if people's opinions have changed or any new insights. I couldn't find a more up to date thread.

Here are 3 practices I am considering:

http://www.balbriggandentalcare.ie/index.html
    http://www.balbriggandental.com/
    http://www.redmondmolloy.ie/

From some leatlets in the door the first seems to offer the best price, some prior posts are happy with the service.

Thought's?

I use Balbriggan dental care myself and have always found them excellent and very accommodating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I'm very happy with Edmond Molloy, friendly staff, clean practice and excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

There is a guy called Dave that works in Edmond Molly and he is just the best, kindest Denist ever.My daughter (7) went to him, for a tooth to be removed and he done a great job.Honestly I cant fault him in anyway .
    Best of luck with it,cathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

I use the first one (John Heeney) I have always found them great. They have longer hours I think and I have never been left waiting long.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Latest posts deleted. In future - please report posts & don't just complain about them on-thread.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement