Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership Tickets

• 22-08-2006 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

As big club Premiership tickets are usually only sold to members and memberships are expensive (Chelsea €100 for adult membership), it is worth noting that some lesser clubs sell to the public online at fair prices too.
    Usually you have to sign up as a home fan.
    Blackburn is one I have used a bit and is a ground that's easily accesible from Manchester, Liverpool or Blackpool airports.
    https://eticketing.co.uk/blackburnrovers/

Blackburn v Chelsea is about half the price of Chelsea v Blackburn

There are others too. Worth shopping around before going to the 'big' grounds.

I'd be interested to hear of any similar clubs that other boardsies have visited
    and got a ticket straightforward.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Aston Villa sell tickets online @ https://www.avfcsales.co.uk/index.asp

You just need to signup for free, I was thinking of heading over this Sunday to the newcastle game but have to work. Villa is a great ground to get to, you can fly in with Ryanair to Birmingham and just get the train or bus to the stadium, I went to see them against the Pool last year and flew out at 7am on the saturday and back at around 10pm the whole cost me about €150 including flights, match tickets and some grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Thinking of flying to Newcastle via Ryanair (99c each way) on September 9th for the Fulham game tickets available from Tuesday and can be purchased from the club here. If Fulham produce their typical away form there should be plenty of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Pal wrote:
    As big club Premiership tickets are usually only sold to members and memberships are expensive (Chelsea €100 for adult membership), it is worth noting that some lesser clubs sell to the public online at fair prices too.
    Usually you have to sign up as a home fan.
    Blackburn is one I have used a bit and is a ground that's easily accesible from Manchester, Liverpool or Blackpool airports.
    https://eticketing.co.uk/blackburnrovers/

Blackburn v Chelsea is about half the price of Chelsea v Blackburn

There are others too. Worth shopping around before going to the 'big' grounds.

I'd be interested to hear of any similar clubs that other boardsies have visited
    and got a ticket straightforward.

You'll pick tickets up for Man Utd matches no bother. All you have to do is turn up at the tiket office nice and early and there will always be someone selling tickets for face value, obviouslt this excludes any of the premium games, Arsenal, City, Liverpool and the Rent Boys. Most of teh rest will prob not even sell out this season.

Other clubs you will have no bother getting tickets for are Citeh, Everton and villa. Citeh and Everton require a membership card but the only cost about a quid

also there is this for man utd too

www.manutd.com/ticketexchange

be warned though it will end up costing £51 for a £35 ticket with all the bullsh1t charges. not sure if you need to be a member to use it. Best used for the bigger games me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Its so difficult to get tickets for Liverpool games, id love to go to Anfield but i mite have to settle for Villa Park or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Probably need to with a package deal for Anfield tbh, a tad expensive but really worth it. I went last year to see Pool V Villa and it cost me €300 but was excellent we got premier tickets which entitle you to entry to a bar before the game, at half time and after the game, you also get great seats I was one row from the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seen a package deal last week with some Bus crowd €199 from Dublin @7am to Bolton see Bolton vs Spurs then get hotal in Bolton then off to manchester for Utd game.

Altho im not a big fan pf package deals that was excellent, not a fan of buses either but they can be fun one once you get on the boat and beer is available :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Went to SJP two seasons ago, love to go again this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

KdjaCL wrote:
    Seen a package deal last week with some Bus crowd €199 from Dublin @7am to Bolton see Bolton vs Spurs then get hotal in Bolton then off to manchester for Utd game.

Altho im not a big fan pf package deals that was excellent, not a fan of buses either but they can be fun one once you get on the boat and beer is available :D

kdjac

That's a great price for 2 games.

I used to go on a lot of bus trips to OT when I was younger but I ended up having a few nightmare journeys, especially the european matches when the coach left Manchester a few hours after the game. We had the same driver a few times who used to play a Brendan Grace comedy tape over and over to keep himself awake on the motorway, I almost topped myself.

irish1 wrote:
    Probably need to with a package deal for Anfield tbh, a tad expensive but really worth it. I went last year to see Pool V Villa and it cost me €300 but was excellent we got premier tickets which entitle you to entry to a bar before the game, at half time and after the game, you also get great seats I was one row from the pitch.

Liverpool is very tough at the moment, they are on the up and their fans were always quite dedicated anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its so difficult to get tickets for Liverpool games, id love to go to Anfield but i mite have to settle for Villa Park or something...

Check out my signature,its not that hard to get tickets for Anfield,we have a dedicated Tickets and Travel section.

Advertisement