Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3com APs and Intel Wireless card - problems

• 22-08-2006 10:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Well, while I have the attention of 'The One' - what's you're views on this...

I've a compaq nx7010 with it's in-built Intel PRO/2200BG wireless adapter.
    We've a couple of 3Com office connect WAP's

For love nor money can I get this thing to work on the network. Now it does connect, for a few minutes and then the machine blue screens.

I've done all I think I can - updated drivers, tried the 3rd-party software, tried XP's 'zero' confg.

I'm starting to think there's a compatibility issue or, less likely, a hardware issue.
    Have you come across anything similar, oh Wise Oneicon10.gif

edit...

This is the nub of the problem....

Driver "w22n51.sys" causing "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" blue screen of death
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=631777&admit=-682735245+1156238700554+28353475

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Safe to assume he means me this time. ;)

Sounds like you've taken the correct course of action in updating the drivers, etc. Updating the firmware on the AP would be no harm.

However, the intel card is very popular, prob the most available one out there. So if there were compatibility issues with the 3com APs you would prob find it in a google search.

Also the BSOD sounds more like a software issue than a hardware one. Would it be possible to get the details of the BSOD error message?

Oh woot! My first thread split.... :p

Carry on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

The BSOD error...
    Driver "w22n51.sys" causing "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" blue screen of death

Yea sorry, missed your edit.

Seems like it's a common problem, and is not restricted to any one AP. Seems to be a problem with intel drivers from what I read.

When you updated the drivers did u download from HP or Intel website?

I've tried both, to be honest.

I understand it's a fairly specific issue; not something you can really solve unless you're sitting in front of it.

I'll maybe have a look at updating the 3Com's.

• Advertisement

Interestingly enough, one link I found mentioned that the 2200 was withdrawn quite quickly and isn't certified by the Wi-Fi alliance. Wonder if that is significant.

If it's critical to get this laptop on the wireless prehaps be easier to buy a different wireless card? But I'd try the 3com firmware just in case. No harm in doing that, could improve their performance.

It's more annoying at the minute than critical.

It irks me to have to install a second card when there's one in the machine, but I'm probably on a hiding to nothing trying to get this thing to work.

Thanks anyway.

Now, it's time for a sausage sandwich with lots of YR brown sauce - there really is no other brown sauce ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

TBH the 2200BG would have been the first thing that I would have pointed at as the card has had issues in many machines hence it being withdrawn. In fact it was the "Wise One" who pointed that out in the first place IIRC ;)

How old are the laptops? Could you ask for the cards to be replaced?

MC

PS: MMMmmm sausage sambo... YR... MMmmmm, GOOD CALL

Munster, the laptop is about 3 years old and the wireless card is on-board.

Maybe something terrible might befall the laptop.........:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

SwampThing wrote:
    Munster, the laptop is about 3 years old and the wireless card is on-board.

Maybe something terrible might befall the laptop.........:D

Something involving a stairs? LOL;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement