Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a bad window installation?

• 22-08-2006 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently got windows and doors installed throughout my house. I think the job is very sloppy for the following reasons and was wondering am I being over fussy or what?

1. The holes under the new sills were filled with white stuff and not plastered. The holes were up to a couple of inches thick. I would have thought that these would be plastered instead of filled with white stuff!

2. Two of the windows look crooked in that the gap between the top of the window and the surround is different and pronounced at both ends of the window.

3. In general the plastering finish where it has been done is lumpy and is not totally flush.

I am having difficulty in getting the company to understand that I want the plastering to be done right and I want the crooked windows fixed. I have not paid for the complete job yet.

So my question is what can I realistically expect for a 10 grand windows install job? Can I expect that the plastering is smooth at the corners and under the sills? Can I expect underneath all the sills to be plastered instead of filled with white stuff? And can I expect the windows to be straight instead of at an angle relative to the window frame?

thanks,

- Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Maybe if you post pics it would be easier to be subjective.
    Are the window ope's level? maybe the installer made the window level in an unlevel opening?
    What is "white stuff" is it expanding foam or toothpaste?
    You will need to provide more information and pictures in order to accurately assess your problem

Advertisement