Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 cancelling phone and charging for remaining time on contract....

• 22-08-2006 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

A mate was on hols recently for 5 weeks, while away 1 bill came which he didn't pay as he was away. Also while away he lost his phone which fell into the south china sea, - he rang home to notifiy o2...

anyway, on his arrival home when he tried getting a new phone sorted, a letter came from o2 basically with his latest bill and extra charges amounting to the remain 10months of his contract. o2 so far are unwill to re-activate his account unless he pays his bills and 10mts remaining of the contract...

so, anyone any idea as to what he can do to get o2 to stand down on the 10months charge..?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is he looking to cancel the rest of his contract or is he will to keep it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

he was looking to stay with them... but the way they are treating him over this he's ready to tell them go and $%£%. Thats the bit he can't understand, he'd been with them ages, he's a decent customer, he's bill are normally high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Tell him to ask why they cancelled it in the first place.
    It seems very odd that they'd do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Pythia wrote:
    Tell him to ask why they cancelled it in the first place.
    It seems very odd that they'd do this.

they cut him off as he hadn't paid the original bill. - he was in thailand at the time. They said as the phone had been cut off for over a week and he wasn't in contact, it's been processed as a cancellation and there was nothing they could do... even tho he did contact them after he lost his phone to tell em that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I had a similar situation with Vodafone some years back. Father-in-law borrowed the mobile to go and Ireland match abroad (didn't want to bring work phone), told me there would be big bills and I said not a bother.

Vodafone script-followers saw the large bill and cut me off a day or two later. They then had the cheek to demand a re-connection fee. They do this to a customer who was with them for over 4 years and had travlled abroad extensively. :mad:

Anyway, I had to really stand firm, battle with them and when it was all sorted, changed over to O2. :)

Put your case in writing, be firm but polite and stand your ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

decob wrote:
    he was looking to stay with them... but the way they are treating him over this he's ready to tell them go and $%£%.

All networks are the same, this is standard and consistent, tell him call, explain in detail what has happened there should not be a problem.
    I do suspect there is parts of this story missing as this seems a bit extreme. They would refuse to reactivate unless he pays the full cancellation fee and then pay try to reconnect. I would hope not.
    This should be easily resolved

Advertisement