Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Gaming TV Programme

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonko

Make sure it's presented by either hardcore gamers, or game developers. I'm sure I speak for many of my fellow gamers when I say that there's very little worse than seeing someone that doesn't know what they're talking about regarding games pissing away from an autocue. Please, please use the proper jargon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Zonko wrote:
    Make sure it's presented by either hardcore gamers, or game developers. I'm sure I speak for many of my fellow gamers when I say that there's very little worse than seeing someone that doesn't know what they're talking about regarding games pissing away from an autocue. Please, please use the proper jargon.
    i take it you haven't seen it then so?

i've only seen the first episode tbh and only watch it cause i was on it (split second btw)

the second one judging by this thread was just a 360 ad.

the third one everyone here just didn't bother watching it as it won't change. if the posters here weren't listened to before the show was aired what will make them think the show will change now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zonko wrote:
    There would be a danger in asking hardcore gamers, or game developers, that they'd be too biased to give a good opinion -- especially if they're blinded by one game/series, and judge everything by that one thing.
    For instance, I know a few people who judge any game's multiplayer to how good it is compared to Halo 2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darnell13

I missed the 3rd episode. What games were reviewed?

Bully (got around 8.8 i think), Pro Evo 6 (got around 8 I think) and Battlefield 2142 (can't remember what this got but it looked f*ckin cool). There was also a retro bit about the snes megadrive war, and a bit about Rainbow 6 Las Vegas. Can't remember the rest just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PJX2007

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

When asked how does the Microsoft’s involvement compared to other publishers, he said “Microsoft have been very accomodating to the show at launch, as have Sony and Nintendo. All the developers and publishers have also been very helpful and as at the moment Microsoft have the big titles releases for Christmas so they are able to provide more content to us. As we get material we assess how releavant it is to the weeks show and then include it”.

Oh, so they are not funding GameOn, but are very helpful now are they?

Well tbh, I don't care if it's funded by Microsoft or not. It sounds like garbage anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I think in general the tone here is a little harsh.

Its no worse than a lot of stuff on irish tv, especially compared to homegrown stuff by TV3 (Popcorn comes to mind). However, it is not the program we (by we I mean, regular, knowledgeable gamers) wanted.

That's a pity, but there you go.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

DarthWraak wrote:
    Oh, so they are not funding GameOn, but are very helpful now are they?

"Microsoft have been very accomodating to the show at launch, as have Sony and Nintendo".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I think in general the tone here is a little harsh.

Its no worse than a lot of stuff on irish tv, especially compared to homegrown stuff by TV3 (Popcorn comes to mind). However, it is not the program we (by we I mean, regular, knowledgeable gamers) wanted.

That's a pity, but there you go.

i don't think the discussion would be so harsh if the question of how the show should work before it went into production was asked in the first place tbh.

the fact that our opinions were asked, and the producer had a good chat with us on the thread & then went on to completely disregard our suggestions is exactly why people are being harsh, and rightly so imo.
    Expanding on the extensive Xbox 360 coverage he said, “Microsoft did feature primarily in the 1st programme as they had (in our opinion) the most relevant releases/news which we feel the viewers wanted to see. All other consoles, games etc will be covered in the show between now and Christmas”.

yeah, guitar hero 2 and battlefield2142 are completely irrelevant, and bf2142 was shown a week late. take advantage of the weekly slot you have. don't quickly back-foot when people here call you out.
    With PSP, Brennan stated that they will be “there are no New Major PSP Titles on release at moment apart from GTA Vice city stories, and Killzone liberation”, adding that, along with DS titles, these PSP games will be reviewed “over the coming weeks up to Christmas”.

two of the biggest titles in PSP history, and two of the biggest titles this month. screw it, don't show 'em. people don't need to see that. more xbox anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Cool that boards got a mention on the first show!

You marketing dudes should really stop putting numbers in your nicks btw, you're either showing your age, or you're hiding your hipness really well! Or maybe I'm just a cynic.

I think it's cool that what seems to be a presenter by what he writes (or was that the chickie?), a possible script writer and a marketing dudette/dude are still interested in this thread* after all the heated comments. It means that there's hope for some of the hard-core gamers out there surely?

*unless I have read this thread wrongly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 REAPER†

Very Quiet here latley..... Hmmm!
    monument wrote:
    Those people are going on the word of regulars here. There’s a certain amount of trust. That is compared to users with one post.

Btw.. its quality not quantity... lame teardown that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just wondering if this progamme is coming back or what?:confused:

Advertisement