Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consideration given to move to Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Webbs wrote:
    As someone who moved from London to Galway and as I don't work in IT I actually saw my wages increase,

Do you work in the health/public/civil service by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Cons: No one from Galway lives here anymore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

JHMEG wrote:
    Do you work in the health/public/civil service by any chance?

Yes, I guess I must be one of the few on here who doesn't work in IT or related, so have a very different view on pay etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Webbs wrote:
    Yes,

Which is more to the point: you have job security.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

cp251 wrote:
    Galway is poorly represented by it's politicians. Higgins seems more interested in Iraq or whatever, anywhere but Galway. He's an absent minded poet. O'Cuiv seems the most ineffective minister I've ever seen. He always looks like a man promoted beyond his abilities. The councillors spend more time bickering and grandstanding than working..

That is so true.

The road network in Galway is an absolute joke...............there is no strong politician in Galway to push for improvements. Look at some parts of Mayo FFS some great roads with minimal traffic compared to Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Okay,
    Just to put it into perspective please all have a look here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52027960#post52027960
    And more specificilly the post from Kluivert;
    More and more people travel long distances to work in Dublin each morning because have loans and debt up to their necks and need a job that will maintain the repayments. And the only place where jobs pay well is in Dublin.

Instead of travelling I work two jobs, am an accountant from Mon - Fri and then work in a bookies Sat and Sun. I have been doing it for the last three years and I am totally sick of it now.

Ill never get those weekends back.

Its not about having a big house, a nice car, the lastest fashion, its about enjoying the simple life that we have with our friends and family and taking pleasure in the simple things in life.

All of the above helps to enjoy a luxury in life but if you bust your backside and work yourself to death you wont have time to enjoy these luxuries.

I think the thread and indeed the post sum up the differences between both cities, whatever about the money/jobs.

Advertisement