Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Currently Active Users"

Options
  • 22-08-2006 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Hi ppl,

I realise there have been some changes lately but I was wondering will you be bringing the "currently active users" box back? Its extremely handy for PMing.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why is it handy for pming?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Add the people you know to your friends list.

Then use 'Quick links' (beside search in the navbar) and click on 'open buddy list'
    or click here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=buddylist

It shows which buddys are online and offline, with a tickbox option to PM them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Gordon wrote:
    Why is it handy for pming?

I use the poker forum mostly. A lot of people there I know personally and would know them by their real name. If I want to PM someone I usually can't remember their exact username and would just click their name on the "active users" box and click "send who ever a private message". Also, when viewing other forums, you can get a clear indication of how busy that forum does be by seeing how many people are viewing it.

I suppose its not really a big deal, I just found it handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Sparky-s wrote:
    Add the people you know to your friends list.

Then use 'Quick links' (beside search in the navbar) and click on 'open buddy list'
    or click here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=buddylist

It shows which buddys are online and offline, with a tickbox option to PM them.

Ahh, CHEERS!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Scotty # wrote:
    I use the poker forum mostly. A lot of people there I know personally and would know them by their real name. If I want to PM someone I usually can't remember their exact username and would just click their name on the "active users" box and click "send who ever a private message". Also, when viewing other forums, you can get a clear indication of how busy that forum does be by seeing how many people are viewing it.

I suppose its not really a big deal, I just found it handy.
    Fair enough.

Also, to add to Sparky's comment, if you write a partial name when on a new PM - it will give you a list-choice of possible matches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement