Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken pipe. How to dry out?

Options
  • 22-08-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd a bit of a pipe dilemma at the weekend, and my kitchen floor, and some off the wall got very wet.

As a result, there's damp patches at the bottom of some of the walls in the kitchen, and surrounding area, I'm assuming from where the concrete got wet, and the water is creeping up.

I'm at a total loss as to how to start battling this.. do I just let it dry in it's own time? I'm getting a lend of a de-humidifier aswell, but can anyone suggest anything? I've no experience in this sort of thing, and I wouldn't be Mr. DIY..

1 bedroom apartment btw..

Thanks,

Kev.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I've only ever seen people using the big units that you hire from a hire place.
    Wouldn't recommend a household unit ,try getting a commercial/industrial unit.

The big units work ,I was working in an area where there was flooding and people had to empty buckets every day from them.

Advertisement