Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Dreamweaver

Options
  • 22-08-2006 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm just wondering is there any other way to purchase Dreamweaver than from Adobe themselves on their website? I have the trial version of Dreamweaver 8, there are 4 days left and I want to purchase the license. I don't want to have to download the whole thing again.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trecool

I could tell you, but I don't trust your secret keeping.. :D

John

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Don't you just get a license key when you purchase Dreamweaver?

So just click help -> activate and put in your key and its done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Nah man. There's all these options for them to ship a boxset to you, or download (230MB+). No options for just purchasing the license it seems.

I need this to be legit, but it's an awful pain. You also need to get this "Adobe Download Manager" and an "Adobe Password".

This was alot easier when I was in college ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm pretty sure when you purchase it online, they supply you with a licence key. Just choose the download, don't bother downloading it, and use the key they supply you. But download it at some point and stick it on a CD for safekeeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trecool

They do! Ring them up if you're unsure!

• Advertisement

I'm going through the motions of purchasing it (download) now. Needs to be done ASAP, so might as well do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

trecool wrote:
    I could tell you, but I don't trust your secret keeping.. :D

I don't trust yours either ;)
    TimTim wrote:
    Don't you just get a license key when you purchase Dreamweaver?
    So just click help -> activate and put in your key and its done?

Thats what i thought too!

Yes you do get a license key when you purchase it, with the option to download (so if you have the trial version you don't bother).
    Man I have to say, the whole process was an awful lot of bother, from the site going down for a few minutes just as I'm about to submit the credit card details, to not accepting my Adobe password. The whole thing took alot longer than it should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Yes, I downloaded a 30-day trial version of Contribute off the Adobe/Macromedia site a while back & found it quite user-'un-'friendly...

Advertisement