Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

a stupid question

• 22-08-2006 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

hey all. i have a stupid question to ask, but one which i'd love if someone could give me an answer to. i'm flirting with a few screenwriting ideas at the moment, but when i look at organisations/awards that accept scripts, a lot of them want you to have a producer attached. since i don't know any producers, what's the solution? do i send the script to production companies, and if so, any suggestions on which ones focus on drama would be much appreciated.

apologies if there's an obvious answer to this somewhere on the forums, justshow me where and i'll shut up again.

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Send your script to production companies. But make sure you've done a good couple of drafts first.

Also take a look at what's out there at the moment - if you're writing a half hour drama series then check out what production companies are making half hour dramas. If it's a short then check out some good Irish shorts and take note of the production company name in the credits.

Advertisement