Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheeky Newstalk :)

• 22-08-2006 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Just listening to an interview on Newstalk with Gay Mitchell MEP and someone from Sinn Féin. As the Sinn Féin guy began talking music suddenly started playing in the background with a singer singing the words "Come on, up the rebels" :D

Cheeky ;) Someone will probably get there knuckles rapped or maybe it's his last day on the job :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

They were even cheekier this morning on the Breakfast Show with Ger Gilroy. Ian Paisley Jr was on moaning about how they should play God Save The Queen before Ireland play Italy in a rugby international in Ravenhill. When the piece finished Gilroy said that in the interests of fairness he thought they should play it on the show. They played the Sex Pistols version!! I thought that was quite funny and very cheeky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

r3nu4l wrote:
    Just listening to an interview on Newstalk with Gay Mitchell MEP and someone from Sinn Féin. As the Sinn Féin guy began talking music suddenly started playing in the background with a singer singing the words "Come on, up the rebels" :D

Cheeky ;) Someone will probably get there knuckles rapped or maybe it's his last day on the job :)
    Read the post I just made on Newstalk and subsitute presenters regarding this incident, and also my 'Gay, Gay...Gay!' thread in politics regarding same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Read the posts and regardless of the politics involved (both of them were talking BS anyway!) I agree that the interview was conducted very poorly.

What is it about presenters these days? Interviewees get a fairly easy time on most shows and are not really pushed hard. They are quite often let away with the most outrageous statements while the presenter just sits there and moves onto the next question.

Has training gone out the window?

Either way, I thought the music incident was funny, it reminded me of years ago when that young kid in Tallaght had his ears cut off in an attack, when Marion Finnucane had finished interviewing his mother about the attack RTE took a break for some music and played...Stuck in the Middle with you, the same song used during the "cutting off of ears" scene in the film Resevoir Dogs.

In that case I didn't think it was funny at all, well maybe just a little, in a morbid way.

Advertisement