Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Undertaker

• 22-08-2006 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭

**If** the rumours of his retirement next April happen to be true.

How should his career in WWE be wrapped up? Who would you like to see him feud with before he retires? I would look like to see him fight Kane in a hell and call match at wrestlemania and for a bloody and battered Undertaker to be chokeslamed through the canvas never to be heard from again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

if current writing abilities continue, probably lose to umaga in 10 secs as a farewell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'd like to see him have one last title reign.

Move him to RAW for his last year and have him feud with one of Edge, HHH, Cena, Kane and finish off with another great feud with Shawn Michaels or Mick Foley.

He should then be inducted into the 2008 Hall of Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Retirement isnt part of the wrestling vocab. I'd say he'd come back for the odd payday. I dunno how to finish his current run off. I dont like his schedule at the moment where it's not full time so unless he changes that I wouldnt give him the belt.

If he did I'd like to see him on Raw as was mentioned above. Id like to see him feud with Orton again, i thought they had good chemistry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jetfire

I would look like to see him fight Kane in a hell and call match at wrestlemania and for a bloody and battered Undertaker to be chokeslamed through the canvas never to be heard from again.

That would be class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I would look like to see him fight Kane in a hell and call match at wrestlemania and for a bloody and battered Undertaker to be chokeslamed through the canvas never to be heard from again.

Woohoo Taker vs Kane part 1,578! TBH their fued and match for Mania 20 was a damp squib so I think it would be best if Taker avoided a Kane fued for his singsong. Wouldn't mind Taker take on Batista or HH again to finish things off, *if* he does retire which I hope he doesn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

Me i would love taker in the main event of wrestlemania winning the wwe/heavyweight title and just dissapering never to be heard from again :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

**If** the rumours of his retirement next April happen to be true.

How should his career in WWE be wrapped up? Who would you like to see him feud with before he retires? I would look like to see him fight Kane in a hell and call match at wrestlemania and for a bloody and battered Undertaker to be chokeslamed through the canvas never to be heard from again.

What a load of bull****. one of the greatest performers in the history of wrestling and you want him to job on a **** storyline! He's worthy of a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

forbesii wrote:
    What a load of bull****. one of the greatest performers in the history of wrestling and you want him to job on a **** storyline! He's worthy of a lot more.

I would have to agree with that, always enjoyed the Undertaker's performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

have one last run in with hogan to end as he started that'd be cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

One last run against hogan would be cool (but of course, hogan would have to be the heel). And if he could do it, it would be great if there was some kind of gauntlet he had to run, facing Mankind in a hell in a cell, Kane in an inferno match, and then Hogan in a straight wrestling match.

If not hogan then triple H, or Shawn Michaels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

jcoote wrote:
    have one last run in with hogan to end as he started that'd be cool

Or you could really have him go back to where he started with a match against Koko B Ware!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

forbesii wrote:

He is one of my favourite wrestlers.
    I would like to see him win the WWE championship at a Wrestlemania before he goes but Vincent Kennedy McMahon is not going to give a now part-time wrestler a title run. Had McMahon any decency he would reward him for his 16 years of loyalty and hard work by giving him one last title run- however brief .

Since this is not going to happen, they could at least create a good storyline for his career to finish off on.
    I would prefer it to be with Kane, though. The tormented brother finally solving his psychological problems by killing off his brother in dramatic fashion. You don't agree fair enough.

I too would like to see some sort of Hogan feud but as mentioned 'taker would have to lay down for it. Sad the way Hogan seems to get most things his way, isn't being one (of not the most) successful wrestling icon in history enough? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I'd like to see a storyline involving the urn & that its the source of takers power, then involve taker in a title match against whoever is champion, have a brutal & bloody match where taker wins it. As taker is down on one knee celebrating the win, weak after the match, he holds up the urn (as usual) & the beam of light that normally shines strongly, starts to flicker & goes out, the undertaker then slumps in the middle of the ring to which the gong starts playing & smoke fills the arena, the monks with the torches of fire come out & carry the lifeless body of the undertaker out of the arena, end of show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Keith C wrote:
    I'd like to see a storyline involving the urn & that its the source of takers power, then involve taker in a title match against whoever is champion, have a brutal & bloody match where taker wins it. As taker is down on one knee celebrating the win, weak after the match, he holds up the urn (as usual) & the beam of light that normally shines strongly, starts to flicker & goes out, the undertaker then slumps in the middle of the ring to which the gong starts playing & smoke fills the arena, the monks with the torches of fire come out & carry the lifeless body of the undertaker out of the arena, end of show.

that would be an awesome storyline. if only you had influence with Vince Mc Mahon):

Keith C wrote:

*wipes tear* Beautiful. :) Hasn't there been at least one time where the urn and the 'taker's power was used before? I can't remember which it was (could have been at one of the Royal Rumbles some years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Ruu wrote:
    *wipes tear* Beautiful. :) Hasn't there been at least one time where the urn and the 'taker's power was used before? I can't remember which it was (could have been at one of the Royal Rumbles some years ago).

Yup at 'Rumble 1994 when like ten heels locked Taker in the casket and the smoke was going out of the urn. His back was injured so WWE had to write him out of storylines somehow.

Advertisement