Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning a digital camera to Aldi

Options
  • 22-08-2006 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I got a present of a digital camera for my birthday this year, but unfortunately the flash only works occasionally which is pretty annoying. i have the receipt for the camera, but not all the equipment it came with. i lost the carry pouch thing. does anyone have any experience in returning things to aldi? have i lost the chance to get a replacement/money back because the pouch is missing? i'd really appreciate some help, because i dont know where i stand on this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you bring it back they might give you a new one but take the pouch out of it. that way they have a full product to return to the manufacturer and everybody's happy. go into them and see what they'll do for you. i don't have personal experience of returning stuff but i hear they're good about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

keevita wrote:
    I got a present of a digital camera for my birthday this year, ........... have i lost the chance to get a replacement/money back

You yourself have no entitlement to return this item, even if it was in perfect condition. The contract that exists is between whomever gave you the gift, and Aldi. You have no rights here whatsoever.
    keevita wrote:
    unfortunately the flash only works occasionally which is pretty annoying..............have i lost the chance to get a replacement/money back because the pouch is missing?

As well as being entitled to a refund or a replacement, you're also entitled (or Aldi are similarly entitled) to have the flash on the camera repaired. They can offer you this, rather than a refund or a replacement.
    keevita wrote:
    I got a present of a digital camera for my birthday this year, ........... have i lost the chance to get a replacement/money back

You yourself have no entitlement to return this item, even if it was in perfect condition. The contract that exists is between whomever gave you the gift, and Aldi. You have no rights here whatsoever.
    keevita wrote:
    i have the receipt for the camera, but not all the equipment it came with. i lost the carry pouch thing.

Are you really serious about this? You're really not having a laugh? Even if you could get Aldi to agree to a refund/replacement, why would they when you're not returning everything that comes in the package that they originally provided.

Given all of the above, you are definitely entitled to bring back the camera for them to try to get the camera fixed. Technically, this is all you're entitled to.

However, having said all that, you may well find that given the fact that you were given a cheapo digital camera as a present, if you get the manager on a good day (pretending that you bought it and not someone else), you could get them to agree to giving a replacement - it may be cheaper and less hassle for them.

But if it's not in stock now, which is quite likely, you're probably going to have to settle for them trying to get the flash fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

yeah, having it fixed would be fine, fingers crossed. thanks for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Aldi don't carry on like kids. Bring the cam in, they will most likely offer you a refund. Is the cam a Medion, if so they have a help line. Ps Most retailers couldn't give a toss who bought the item so long as the person returning it has the receipt.

hitbit

Advertisement