Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about First Year Online Enrollment

Options
  • 22-08-2006 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Accepted a place in UCD yesterday, and got the information pack today in the post. Among the 5 million leaflets and letters, there were a few telling me to enrol and pick my courses if I knew what I wanted to do already (which I do) as places are limited.

So I tried to do this with the username and password supplied. It worked, but once I tried to pick the courses, I needed my Student ID number - this is on the Student ID card I don't get until Orientation in 2 weeks.

So can I ask any first years or current students, have I made an error, or is the letter wrong in telling me I can pick me courses now without having gotten my Student ID no. yet? I only want to do three certain courses, and I'm afraid waiting 2 weeks to enrol in them will cause me to lose a place. I'm really not sure what the deal is with all this.

Comments

The number on your student card is your CAO number. Give it a go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

http://www.ucd.ie/news/aug06/081506_enrol.htm

Have a look there, it'll tell you when you can start picking modules. :)

That's just for continuing students isn't it? Not first years?
    Or is it? I'm very tired right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

That's just for continuing students isn't it? Not first years?
    Or is it? I'm very tired right now.
    whoops your right, ignore me OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

According to the registration guide(which i got mailed out today) you can only do module enrolment after the 31st of August.

OP, could you log into sisweb to register?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

You have to log in via SIS on the UCD homepage and you should have your student number by now.Then the password for the SIS is your birth date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, but it's not logging in to SIS(for me, anyway). Rang the accomodation office, and they said that apparently the CAO stuff isn't up yet, and they reckon it'll be up by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ziggy_bone

I can log into the website, but once I try to register by going into the SIS, it says authorisation failed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

ziggy_bone wrote:
    I can log into the website, but once I try to register by going into the SIS, it says authorisation failed
    Then I'd give it until tomorrow evening. 'Til then, just chill and bask in the glow of having made it to college. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'd go with singing stranger on this one - also you could always email the help people for sis web - the address is up there somewhere I'm sure.

They're bound to have issues so give it time, it's still a relatively new system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

according to this first years can't enrol till the 31st.

edit: just saw raphael posted the same thing. from what i remember from training (my job is helping students register) you should be able to put in personal details and so on, you just can't enrol for courses yet. possibly. i'll check it out in work tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Serenity

Thanks everyone for the help and info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭goodgod3rd

i feel stupid now....:P
    oh well
    sigh

i emailed the people.

silly freshers.

:p

cant wait. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

so apparently the server had a hissy fit on friday and nobody's been able to enrol in modules since, except some law, commerce and bbls students. it might be tuesday before it's back up.
    apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

rain on wrote:
    so apparently the server had a hissy fit on friday and nobody's been able to enrol in modules since, except some law, commerce and bbls students. it might be tuesday before it's back up.
    apparently.

A hissy fit? Now I've heard everything..:)

Advertisement