Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Premium Car Rental

• 22-08-2006 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is looking to rent a premium car for his wedding. He's specifically looking for either a Maybach or the new Rolls Royce Phantom. My question is, do any rental companies in Ireland offer premium cars like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

My bestman & dad tried to do this for me, much more difficult than you would think... The main rental companies only had the likes of Audi A6, smaller Lexus, etc and could not guarantee which model you'd get on the day.
    In the end they went to the local merc dealership and "borrowed" themselves an S-class for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

As far as I know, there are only two Maybachs in the country so unless you know Enya or Johnny Ronan, you don't really stand much of a chance of that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

I think Jim mansfield hires out his RR phantom,try getting intouch at www.citywest.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I've seen a Maybach outside the Merrion Hotel a few times and there's always a Chauffer in it.
    I've seen Jonny Ronan around town and he's always driving himself, and Enya hardly ever goes out so it could be that there is a Chauffeur service with a Maybach in Ireland.

If you're near town try swinging by the Merrion some day and asking the doormen do they know who it's hired from...worth a try !

Otherwise, I know a friend of my brothers got a Maserati quattroporte from Des Cullen for a wedding....not sure if it was a favour he got or a service they offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I saw a Maybach 57 in Zagreb last month, they're not as massive as you'd imagine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AVIS, Enterprise, etc will rent you an E-class or a 5 series. Book well in advance. You won't be guaranteed a specific make/model - just an E-class Mercedes or similar is the best you can get. But can tell them you have a preference for a Merc and they'll hopefully sort you out.

If you go Enterprise, you'll probably end up with a Primera or Astra regardless of what you ask for!

colm_mcm wrote:
    If you go Enterprise, you'll probably end up with a Primera or Astra regardless of what you ask for!

Enterprise have 3 series, 5 series, C class, Saabs and other similar cars on fleet.

I know they have other brands, I also know that they frequently don't have the car you wanted.

I deal with Enterprise daily and they are, by a long shot, the most customer orientated car rental company in Ireland. No car rental company guarantees a specific make and model - they just group them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

crosstownk wrote:
    I deal with Enterprise daily and they are, by a long shot, the most customer orientated car rental company in Ireland. No car rental company guarantees a specific make and model - they just group them.

Perhaps because you deal with them on a daily basis you get better treatment from them cross, but the 3 times I have dealt with Enterprise twice I got a car of a lower class than I had ordered and the other time I did get the class I booked but discovered there was no tax on it when I got stopped at a checkpoint !

Perhaps because you deal with them on a daily basis you get better treatment from them cross, but the 3 times I have dealt with Enterprise twice I got a car of a lower class than I had ordered and the other time I did get the class I booked but discovered there was no tax on it when I got stopped at a checkpoint !
    TBH, I'm shocked to hear about the out of date tax. I could understand the lower class car as maybe they were overbooked. Sometimes a car that is due back on a specific date gets extended and results in a shortfall of cars in that class - but no tax is unforgiveable. I also deal with AVIS and if they had no cars left of the class you booked then they would UPgrade you rather than downgrade. But AVIS are more expensive. I suppose you get what you pay for.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Thanks for the replies guys, I realised it wouldn't be easy, but I didn't think I would have to ask private individuals for a loan of their car :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

dubstub wrote:
    As far as I know, there are only two Maybachs in the country so unless you know Enya or Johnny Ronan, you don't really stand much of a chance of that happening.
    there's more than 2, I think there's 3 or 4. I think there's 6 phantoms in total between the north and the rublic too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

steve06 wrote:
    there's more than 2, I think there's 3 or 4. I think there's 6 phantoms in total between the north and the rublic too.

At least 4 Maybachs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

I've seen a Maybach outside the Merrion Hotel a few times and there's always a Chauffer in it.

I've seen Jonny Ronan around town and he's always driving himself.

If you're near town try swinging by the Merrion some day and asking the doormen do they know who it's hired from...worth a try !

The Maybach 62 that you saw parked outside The Merrion belongs to Johnny Ronan. I've seen it there a few times and I talked with the driver on one occasion.

maybach622xkgt1.jpg maybach62o2mc8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

AJ! wrote:
    The Maybach 62 that you saw parked outside The Merrion belongs to Johnny Ronan

Yeah it's there a lot. Back in the days I worked in the nearby Treasury Building, which he owns too, he parked all sorts of exotic cars on the kerb, like Ferraris and Hummers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Did you try Blacktie, they use to rent a RR from Terenure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

redman wrote:
    Did you try Blacktie, they use to rent a RR from Terenure?

Any idea what kind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

AJ! wrote:
    The Maybach 62 that you saw parked outside The Merrion belongs to Johnny Ronan. I've seen it there a few times and I talked with the driver on one occasion.

maybach622xkgt1.jpg maybach62o2mc8.jpg

God it's hideous.

• Advertisement

maybachfabiabb9.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Serbian wrote:
    Any idea what kind?
    Not sure, it was an older model, but have seen a 06 XK Jag soft top and there has been a Bentley Continental GT there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

steve06 wrote:

There's another Maybach not far from me, I repaired it about 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

There's another Maybach not far from me, I repaired it about 3 weeks ago.
    Bet that was cheap, what was wrong with it?

A Punto side swiped it, mostly paintwork and some slight bodywork.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

junkyard wrote:
    A Punto side swiped it, mostly paintwork and some slight bodywork.

Go on , How much ??? ;)

4250 euros:D and cheap at that, special paint don't you know.;) :D

Advertisement