Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero 2 in November

Options
  • 22-08-2006 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like Europe aren't going to get screwed on the release date for GH2. From Eurogamer: (http://www.eurogamer.net/article_discussion.php?article_id=66838)
    Guitar Hero II will be released in Europe this November, shortly after its American release date.

Publisher RedOctane, now owned by Activision, and developer Harmonix had previously identified November as the PS2-exclusive's US date - but today the trio confirmed that the game will arrive here in the same month.

You'll be able to buy it either with a guitar peripheral or as a standalone game.

That's great news for those of us eagerly anticipating the follow-up to the peripheral-driven original, which has proved so popular since its initial release that the companies involved are said to be planning an enormous range of sequels, with multiple formats - including Xbox 360 - mooted as potential targets.
    I also hear we'll be playing Sweet Child of Mine!

Roll on November.... :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I only really started getting into this game 2 weeks ago after Gitaroo man eventually started to grate. Can't wait for this. Hope the bonus tracks aren't absolutely shoite this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

for those who are about to rock!

some clips of it in action:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2611

Might I add i will be horrified if there are no Queen songs this time around.

Especially since they've added a base guitar mode and UNDER PRESSURE demands to be played in 2 player bass and main.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Best news ever. Im starting to grow accustomed to some of the bonus songs though. All of this, Hey, Ready to Rokk, Guitar Hero especially. Alot seem to be harder then some of the classics though, which seems odd...

Edit : Have they released a complete tracklist yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Tracklist released today:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153382
    1UP wrote:
    The October cover story in Electronic Gaming Monthly is a backstage pass to check out Guitar Hero 2. Counted among the details they turned up was a pretty big list of songs from the final game.

# Nirvana; "Heart-Shaped Box"
    # Primus (original recording); "John the Fisherman"
    # Stone Temple Pilots; "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
    # Anthrax; "Madhouse
    # Motley Crue; "Shout at the Devil"
    # The Police; "Message in a Bottle"
    # The Pretenders; Tattooed Love Boys
    # Spinal Tap; "Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight
    # Heart; "Crazy on You"
    # Allman Brothers Band; "Jessica"
    # Lynyrd Skynrd; "Freebird"
    # Avenged Sevenfold; "Beast and the Harlot"
    # Dick Dale; "Misirlou"
    # Lamb of God; "Laid to Rest"
    # Alice in Chains; "Them Bones"
    # Reverend Horton Heat; "Psychobilly Freakout"
    # Black Sabbath; "War Pigs"
    # KISS; "Strutter"
    # Butthole Surfers; "Who Was in My Room Last Night?"
    # Van Halen; "You Really Got Me"
    # Guns N' Roses; "Sweet Child O'Mine
    # The Rolling Stones; "Can You Hear Me Knocking?"
    # Rush; "YYZ"

Looking forward to Kiss and The Police in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Miserlou?? Christ, I hope thats for experts only :)
    And I wonder if Freebird is the full version?

Thats only 25 songs.... there should be 40 licensed, and 15 indie....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Brilliant, I forsee many classes being missed in November, this game got me through summer exams without going mental, hope it has the same effect for Christmas.

At least we have some Van Halen this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

boo!

I wanted Under Pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Spinal Tap and Primus means I will definitely be buying this. Never did play the 1st one...

EDIT: Holy Crap! Rush!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

According to conservativeestimates.com, that is a fine tracklisting.

Advertisement