Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg and their so called 'Price Cap' on line rental

Options
  • 22-08-2006 2:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if anybody saw this yesterday but

1. Comreg firmly believe they have an effective price cap in place for eircom analogue lines
    2. They are wondering if they should remove it altogether and let that line rental float ever upwards.

I am speechless really :( , pages and pages of regulatory gobble speak appropos nothing .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

BT Ireland's Danny McLoughlin, in his read-worthy interview with Maxim Kelly on ENN, notes about the line rental consultation:
    McLaughlin:...I want to proceed with reductions on line rental in relation to where Ireland sits with its European peers. I expect the new owners at Eircom will want to see that go up but I would argue vigorously against it.

ENN: Do you think they will ask for a regulatory holiday to achieve that?

McLaughlin: I would admire their cheek if they did that. What does the Government of Ireland owe the new owners of Eircom?
    P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

‘‘It is almost inevitable that there will have to be an increase,” a senior company source said. ‘‘You cannot have one of the major revenue lines being static when your labour cost is rising under the national wage agreement.”

More here

Advertisement