Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola L6: good or bad?

• 22-08-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hello,

I am going to purchase the Motorola L6 mobile phone from The Carephone Warehouse on Meteor Pay As You Go.

Before I go and spend €120 on a phone, can you please tell me if it is good. My friend has the Motorola E1 ROKR handset, and would fully recommend it and the brand itself.

Can you please give me more information on the L6 so I can buy it with a smile ;)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It's not a bad phone, though some people find the user interface hard to use, compared to the likes of Nokia and Sony Ericsson.

I'd get it from o2 instead, though. They're selling it online for a lot less than €120, and you get the enhanced version, which is basically the same as the regular L6, but also has i-mode and i-mail (read: push email) functionality built in. Might be worth switching to O2 for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

well..
    here's my opinion..

User interface is something you can get used to.. humans adapt..
    The phone is slick, small and light..
    Function ain't the best consider modern range of phones..
    But that's the sacrifice you have to make in order to get it thin..
    Reasonably priced..
    Cool blue led keypad..
    Battery last for about 3 days..

One thing that concerns me is that on an article from cnet.com, it says that the L6 is the phone with the highest radiation emission..
    Which is a serious concern.. Unless you don't really care about that..
    Then it's green light to get it..

Oh ya I use a L6 :rolleyes:
    The article wasn't publish yet when I bought mine..
    Everyone gotta die sometime right? :D

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

That just means the phone works better. :)

Seriously though, the emission thing means little to nothing, according to Sony Ericsson, due to the way it is measured. Real world it will be a lot lower than the maximum test as well, not to mention all these levels are well, well below any safety limits. You won't die just yet. :)

works better?? how??

I know I won't die just yet..
    But chances are just that bit higher.. hahaha :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

had one of these, grand little thing, jsut dont drop it, they tend to refuse to work for a few mins after hand, thouhg you shouldnt drop your phone at all ata ll.

sometimes motorolas need software upgrades early in their life but that's covered by warranty and doesnt take long

• Advertisement

Does anyone find that their L6 sometimes has reception problem..
    I.e. inteference during call..
    Maybe it's just mine..

Advertisement