Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Surge and Eircom

• 22-08-2006 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

My phone went crazy about two hours ago and afterawrds my DSL Wireless modem stopped working I am guessing some sort of power surge through the phone line.

Are eircom being owners of the line responsible for equipment connected to their network.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

My phone went crazy about two hours ago and afterawrds my DSL Wireless modem stopped working I am guessing some sort of power surge through the phone line.

Are eircom being owners of the line responsible for equipment connected to their network.

You are asking people to guess here - nobody can have any idea of what actually happened simply on the basis of your account.

Have you reported the matter to Eircom? That at least would be a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

You're responsible for your own equipment :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Who do you have your BB from? If its an €ricon Craptopia modem then just get them to replace it if not then you're on your own.

MC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

lightning perhaps ??

Advertisement