Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doin Amsterdam & I love techno

Options
  • 22-08-2006 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there anyone going to the Amsterdam Dance festival in Oct, its a quality lineup. I'm thinking of heading there for the thur and fri and then headn down to gent for I love Techno on the saturday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭holland501

did it the other way around before. ILT, then straight onto a 6am train to Amsterdam for 3 nights. It's a gruelling gruelling session I tell thee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 djenerate

im going over from liverpool on the fri night then getting the partybus(hopefully) to i love techno. whats on in amsterdam on the fri night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

coldfeet wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there anyone going to the Amsterdam Dance festival in Oct, its a quality lineup. I'm thinking of heading there for the thur and fri and then headn down to gent for I love Techno on the saturday
    I would recommend against heading down to Ghent, you should stay in amsterdam. The ADE seems brilliant and I can tell you that ILT is fairly crap - I went in 2008 and vowed never to go back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

heading over to ADE ... looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rockblu

I would recommend against heading down to Ghent, you should stay in amsterdam. The ADE seems brilliant and I can tell you that ILT is fairly crap - I went in 2008 and vowed never to go back again.
    ill second that,hey its a love parade disaster waiting to happen trying to get in there at the start of the night,then as for the exit to the train after,i know the "tiredness" wudnt help but feckin hell it was awful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Yeh I remember the big push to get into the place at around 10pm or so.

When I got to the actual barrier it turned out that there were two rows of barriers (exactly the ones which seperate the pit from the stage in big concert venues) with only little styles every 20ft or so. It was a joke because people just began to hop straight over them. Im amazed people werent being knocked to the ground.

By the time 4am came we just left for the train and slept the whole way from Antwerp to Amsterdam.

Awakenings 2011? Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Yup, just got my tkts and flights - cannot frickin wait! Went over to WMC in Miami in February and think the Amsterdam events confirmed so far are every bit as good.
    Bit dissappointed Carl Craig isnt on the line-up to play (yet) ....but he is doing a talk on 25yrs of Detroit Techno so maybe he'll play somewhere over weekend..

http://www.amsterdam-dance-event.nl/program/d25-detroit-techno-celebrates-25-years

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

timewarp in amsterdam 4th dec ftw

3hr train is pain in the ass at 8am... always packed to the brim and horrible...

id rather walk straight out of the gig, back to hotel for a shower and then to the coffeeshop

Advertisement