Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail on Meteor

• 22-08-2006 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

I remember posting abiut this ages ago, but I can't find the thread :rolleyes:

Anyhow, can anyone confirm that it's possible to use the e-mail app on a phone to access a gmail/yahoo eetc e-mail a/c?

Officially Meteor don't support this, but apparently if the settings are entered manually it may work?

Any help appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Doesn't work. You can only access the predefined webmails as listed on the website.

m.gmail.com doesn't work either unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Failing that you can forward mails to 003538xxxxxxxx@mms.mymeteor.ie and it will forward mails to your phone via MMS. No good for attachments or pictures but fine for stuff like text emails and the like. I found it excellent on my N70. Less so on non-S60 phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

That's stupid.
    I don't know why the networks don't offer this, seeing as most phones carry this application :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

chrislad wrote:
    Doesn't work. You can only access the predefined webmails as listed on the website.

m.gmail.com doesn't work either unfortunately.

I wonder why this doesn't work?
    Do the networks delibrately deny access to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Read the thread I made, then you should be able to set up for gmail with pop3 settings.

remember, it doesnt work for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

gmail dont do a header d/l only on their pop3 service, it's all or nothing which is a balls wehn you have to pay 2c/kb to d/l an entire message you may or may not want

it appears you can't get a secure connection using meteor wap on m.gmail.com, prolly nothing can be done untiil meteor offer ssl on everything

Advertisement