Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bank Account

Options
  • 22-08-2006 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently with First Active and have been since I was in the beehive club many moons ago. Anyway, I don't think they have as many features as other banks (internet banking etc) and I would like to get a new account with a good bank. Who is the best to go with? AIB? Bank of Ireland?

What documents will I need when I go to set one up and will there be any charge to set one up?

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Ulster Bank have always been very good to me. Had to give up my Bank of Ireland account because they were so unhelpful.

To open an account, you need:

- Bill with your name on it (e.g. ESB) (maybe even two forms of this id)
    - Photographic ID (passport, driving licence)
    - You might need your first active account statements for a few months if you are applying for an overdraft
    ... think that is it ...

...remember the Beehive Club - that was so cool as a kid. Also the An Post savings scheme where you bought 10p stamps with an acorn on them and when you had filled in the card in the shape of a tree you had £2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Roundtower - Cyril the Squirrel iirc, twas so cute :p
    Im with Permanent TSB and find them quite good. Good online banking and free banking now for ages, so would be less inclined to think that they'd reintroduce charges etc if they felt like it. All banks are evil though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Are you a student Cormie?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Forgot about PTSB actually. I think I have a dusty old account book from TSB years ago. Wonder is it still active? Free banking sounds good.

Pythia, emm.. I kind of am a student. I have a student card but not in current education. What advantages would I have if I was? And can I get a student credit card without having to show credit history etc?

Advertisement