Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buildings on College Green/Dame St

Options
  • 22-08-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Does anyone know if Eircom used to have offices on College Green/Dame St?

I seem to remember there being an Eircom building where the Financial Regulators offices are now.
    Can anyone shed some light on this eternal mystery? :D

(This is to settle a bet by the way!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Yeah Eircell had it (or the one beside IFSRA?) then Vodafone got it when it switched to them.

I'd say Eircom had a section in it upstairs, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

It used to be a Telecom Eireann public office. Then it became the Telex (remember that!!!) centre... Eircell had it too but I think it was sold off before the Vodafone deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Jimmy81

Thanks for the replies.
    One more question.
    When it was Eircom/Eircell, was the outside of the building the same as it is now? i.e has the physical appearance of the building itself changed in the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Essentially the outside is the same, only the signage has changed. The ground floor was a phone shop / internet cafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

The site was the original Jurys hotel, demolished in the 60's for what we have today. I worked in it when it was eircell AND when it was changed to Vodafone. When Vodafone then moved to the big offices in Sandyford (which was planned by eircell) the Finaces place moved in

• Advertisement
Advertisement