Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

adapter for laptop

• 22-08-2006 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Recently my Toshiba Satellite laptop stopped working. I thought at first that it was the battery, but then discovered that it wasn't working with the AC adapter plugged in and there is this strange barely audible "beep beep" sound coming from the box attached to the adapter.

I noticed that the last time that the battery ran down that when I plugged into the mains that it didn't turn on immediately. When I left it for a minute and moved the cord around a bit, it eventually switched on. But then the next time, nothing worked, it just won't switch on.

I rang Toshiba and they put me through to a company that sells parts and accessories and they told me that a new AC adapter thing would cost €100. I can't believe that it will cost this much just for an adapter. Would it not be possible to just get it repaired?
    Or I'm wondering if I could buy some other type of adapter for better value, that would fit the machine.

The adapter itself is an "AcBel" Toshiba adapter, model no.
    AP13AD01 (might make sense to someone out there :) )
    The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A30-212.

Thanks you for any replies....

Comments

Advertisement