Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reheating sausages???

• 22-08-2006 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows if it's possible to re-heat sausages in the microwave? I'm trying to think of new ideas for my sandwiches at lunchtime and was wondering if I cook sausages at home, could I re-heat them in the microwave at lunchtime?
    I know there were microwavable ones available - are they as nice? or even still available?

Apologies if this was covered before.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I have never had any problems reheating sausages....

I sometimes get sausages in the chipper and zap them over the weekend for breakfast...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Never had a problem with it either ... any left over sausages get popped into the fridge and used as filling for sausage sandwiches the next day with loads of mustard. Sometimes I like them cold, other times a blast in the microwave before slicing and putting in the sandwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Reheat them in a dish in the oven, covered with pancake mix.

Mmmm, toad in the hole.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget all the health warnings about reheating food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

Yeah, I'd only do it the day following their cooking and make sure you heat them a lot. I once had a horrible experience with reheated sausages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Thanks for the info. I must give it a go and I'll be sure and reheat them fully...thanks for the warning jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Rinse them under a tap if they are a bit dry, then put them in a bowl and cover with a plate. The microwaves will pass through the ceramics, disperse, and be absorbed more evenly. This means you get no dry ends and cold bits, and they remain juicy.

Advertisement