Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland squad vs Holland

• 08-08-2006 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Shay Given
    Paddy Kenny
    Wayne Henderson

Ian Harte
    Steve Finnan
    Stephen Carr
    Stephen Kelly
    Andy O’Brien
    Richard Dunne
    John O’Shea

Liam Miller
    Steven Reid
    Graham Kavanagh
    Stephen Ireland
    Kevin Kilbane
    Alan O’Brien :eek:
    Aiden McGeady
    Damien Duff

Terry Dixon :eek:
    Kevin Doyle
    Clinton Morrison
    Alan Lee
    Stephen Elliott
    Robbie Keane

I'm shocked with the inclusion of Alan O'Brien. He rarely made the U21 squads and has yet to start a competitive game for Newcastle. Terry Dixon is also a shock but not as much considering he was in the last squad so must have impressed.

Where are the central defenders? Surely O'Shea won't be considered for that position since he has very little experience there over the last 2 or 3 years.

Notable exclusions:
    Gary Breen
    Joey O'Brien
    Paddy McCarthy
    Andy Reid is injured afaik
    any more?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

No Jayo?! :mad: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Miller, but no Joey O'Brien (although i know he hasn't played CM recently)

but still O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

SSN reports that Gary Breen has retired from international football.

Where is Jayo?

He is the ONLY in form Irish striker at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Andy Reid is indeed injured. I assume O'Shea is to be considered the third centre back as there's no others there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

suprised by Joey O'Brien being left out!! i hope McGeady's form as of late will earn him a longer run out, not just the last 5 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

so whats the probably first 11 out of that squad ?

Shay Given
    Steve Finnan---Andy O’Brien---Richard Dunne---Ian Harte
    Aiden McGeady-Steven Reid---Kevin Kilbane---Damien Duff
    Stephen Elliott---Robbie Keane

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

so whats the probably first 11 out of that squad ?

Shay Given
    Steve Finnan---Andy O’Brien---Richard Dunne---Ian Harte
    Aiden McGeady-Steven Reid---Kevin Kilbane---Damien Duff
    Stephen Elliott---Robbie Keane

?

I'd go for that except for perhaps Doyle/Morrison for Elliott. Elliott has impressed in the past but Doyle did well in the spring friendliues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Does look a bit short in the centre backs . Surely a striker could have been sacrificed for one.
    Bit of a kick in the teeth to Byrne that he can be on great form since his last game where he done pretty well and still get dropped in favour Lee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I wud have taught Jason Byrne wud have gotten into the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Is Joey O'Brien injured? It's a strange one if he isnt as he was solid in the previous game and would have expected to get in the squad.

Im not to over joyed about Carr coming back, think he's past the player he was with Spurs. The injuries have shaved a good yard of pace of him and he also seems to struggle with his weight.

Finnan should be a banker at right back.
    Should be interesting to see the starting 11 as it most likely will be the same for the German game. It's to close to the 1st qualifier to start with a drastic formation personnel changed team.

North Terrace here i come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Poor enough squad. Think Doyle will play. Not surprised Joey O'Brien is left out as Sthen Carr returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

What a joke. Stauntons as bad as the rest of them. Token capping incompetent clown. Meah, I couldn't care less about this team anymore anyway. My interest has been nose-diving for well over a year now and this just about finishes it. An utter joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

seansouth wrote:
    Where is Jayo?

He is the ONLY in form Irish striker at the moment.

eh, the premiership hasn't started yet, so of course he is! however, wait and see. if we win and score a few goals then Staunton was justified in leaving him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Slash/ED wrote:
    What a joke. Stauntons as bad as the rest of them. Token capping incompetent clown. Meah, I couldn't care less about this team anymore anyway. My interest has been nose-diving for well over a year now and this just about finishes it. An utter joke.
    I'd rather get behind Bohs than that joke of a team. Ridiculous, its as if he wants to not score goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Some of this lot I have never heard of before. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Slash/ED wrote:

If this is over the non-inclusion of "Jayo" I think you're over reacting a bit. Its a friendly, and a chance to get players used to playing with each other and in a set system. So a more long term view is being taken rather than a short term view. If Stan doesn't think he's capable of playing international football, then I'd reckon its because he doesn't think him skillful enough rather than the league he plays in. He's not in that strong a position that he can be that picky.

I don't think we're that weak up front anyway. Centre midfield and central defense is way worse off.

Alan Lee and Terry Dixon are more worthy inclusions? Its the last friendly before a qualifying game and Alan Lee and Terry Dixon get the nod ahead of a proven goalscorer (who was fantastic against Chili, and barring amazing keeping and a scuffed shot would have had 2 great assists in his short spell on the pitch)?

If Jason Byrne was playing abroad, he'd be one of the first picked. Just look at Kevin Doyle, Jayo's always been better than him - and the stats prove it. I hope 'we' lose every game by record margins, I'm disgusted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

To be honest I'm happy with this, he is showing balls in including Dixon and Alan O'brien (who will be irelands fastest ever player if he plays, the boy is somehting to behold in full flight) Dixon is a great prospect.

I'm also glad he picked Alan Lee ahead of jason Byrne, Lee gives us something we don't have other wise, a traget man, it's either him or doc, and Lee is a much much better striker than doc! Byrne is nothing we don't have already, infact he isn't as good as Dyole, Morisson, Keane or Elliot so he shouldn't be in the squad IMHO, I'd much rather we picked Gamble or Kearney if we were to talk about EL players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

No Jason Byrne all of a sudden? Obviously it's must be all Jason Byrne's fault that we lost to Chile :rolleyes: Staunton has proven once and for all that he is as much of a clueless clown as his predecessors
    Seaneh wrote:
    To be honest I'm happy with this, he is showing balls in including Dixon and Alan O'brien (who will be irelands fastest ever player if he plays, the boy is somehting to behold in full flight) Dixon is a great prospect.

Just like Walcott with England, doesn't matter how much potential talent you have, you have to earn your stripes and be proven at club level to play international football, Dixon and O'Brien are not even close to proven at club level let alone to be anywhere near this stage. There's a big difference between having balls and pure stupidy.
    Seaneh wrote:
    I'm also glad he picked Alan Lee ahead of jason Byrne, Lee gives us something we don't have other wise, a traget man, it's either him or doc, and Lee is a much much better striker than doc! Byrne is nothing we don't have already, infact he isn't as good as Dyole, Morisson, Keane or Elliot so he shouldn't be in the squad IMHO, I'd much rather we picked Gamble or Kearney if we were to talk about EL players.

If anyone has ever watched Jason Byrne play and says that he isn't as good as Alan Lee and/or Clinton ****ing Morrison then they're living in cloudcuckooland.

Byrne isn't as good as morisson. Lee offeres something none of out other striker offer so for tatical reason he should be in there.

Morossin is stronger, better on the ground and at winning the ball, if bling bling was in the EL he's score sheds more goals than byrne.

Lee is what, 6'3, 6'4? he is damned good in the air and he is as strong as an ox, bryne is what, 5'10, avrage in the air, slow for a striker and his finishing is about the only area he is better than Lee.

I've seen jayo play a fair bit and to be honest I can see why he hasn't progressed from the EL, his lack of pace is shocking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Alan Lee and Terry Dixon are more worthy inclusions? Its the last friendly before a qualifying game and Alan Lee and Terry Dixon get the nod ahead of a proven goalscorer (who was fantastic against Chili, and barring amazing keeping and a scuffed shot would have had 2 great assists in his short spell on the pitch)?

If Jason Byrne was playing abroad, he'd be one of the first picked. Just look at Kevin Doyle, Jayo's always been better than him - and the stats prove it. I hope 'we' lose every game by record margins, I'm disgusted.
    If Jason Byrne was playing abroad how do you know he'd succeed? So far he's failed to prove himself in Europe where he's hardly facing world class opposition. Stan feels he's not good enough to play for Ireland and I agree.

As for the Doyle comparison. Doyle rarely played up front for Cork before his final season. Before the season started I predicted Doyle getting top scorer after seeing him just a couple of times and he was nowhere near the top of the betting at the time. He was top scorer in the league before Reading bought him. I don't think Byrne is up to the standards. I don't think John Hartson is up to international standards anymore but I wouldn't bet against him getting top scorer in the Championship this season.

You could argue that Byrne is better than other strikers in the squad but Lee is there to give Stan another option, Byrne is similar to the others and would have to really dislodge Keane, Doyle or Elliott. This is a 24 man squad and Dixon is most likely that 24th man. I expect to see inexperienced youth players in all friendly squads under Stan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Well Dixon is obviously there to gain experience as he's being groomed for the future. Much like Walcott going to the world cup. I don't have a problem with it, and some more u-21 players should be brought along as well. Lee isn't up to much granted, but maybe Stan rates him as a better bet going forward.

I didn't think Jayo played all that well against Chile not that I've seen much of him play before. And even if my memory fails me didn't he only came on for the last ten minutes of the last friendly of the year before the summer break?. Hardly a fair way to judge a player. Neither Lee or Jayo would have got much playing time against Holland, or the qualifiers, so I don't think its that big an issue. No matter what their form/fitness the forward line will be Keane and either Doyle or Morrison.

Seaneh wrote:
    Morossin is stronger, better on the ground and at winning the ball, if bling bling was in the EL he's score sheds more goals than byrne.

:D:D:D
    Seaneh wrote:
    Lee is what, 6'3, 6'4? he is damned good in the air and he is as strong as an ox, bryne is what, 5'10, avrage in the air, slow for a striker and his finishing is about the only area he is better than Lee.

Lee may be tall and relatively strong but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has an average goalscoring record and Cardiff were only happy to offload him to Ipswich for a fraction of the cost they paid for him.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    If Jason Byrne was playing abroad how do you know he'd succeed? So far he's failed to prove himself in Europe where he's hardly facing world class opposition. Stan feels he's not good enough to play for Ireland and I agree.

5 goals in the 2005/2006 European campaign is awful isn't it :rolleyes: oh but Shelbourne are European giants themselves so that should be expected.

If Stan felt Jayo's not good enough to play for Ireland why did waste his and Jayo's time by playing him against Chile? Why the sudden u-turn from Stan when Byrne performed very well in his 20 minutes? Copping out over the awful Chile performance me thinks, got to get the established hacks back and all that

If Jason Byrne isn't good enough for Ireland then you can definitely add messrs Harte, Kelly, Miller, O'Brien, McGeady, Dixon, Morrison and Lee to the not good enough list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Byrne should be in ahead of Dixon. End of discussion. If we're honest with ourselves, Dixon is a token player in the squad, straight out of the Sven Goran Erickson school of coaching. The only reason he's in the squad is so he can train with the top lads, get a feel for the squad and the atmosphere.

He's not going to play and he could of had all of the above benefits without being "officially" named in the squad.

I like managers who give young players a chance. It is in line with my philosiphy and is why I couln't stand McCarthy for picking Connolly off the bench (who went on to miss a sitter) against Spain, instead of throwing in a Clinton Morrison playing the best football of his career at palace, form he has never achieved since.

It's why I couldn't stand Kerr towards the end because when the squad needed an inection of youth and new ideas, he kept the old guard. (McGeady? Dunne?)

But practicly speaking, Jayo should be in there, as we need four clear cut strikers for the qualifiers, and unless Dixon does it at club level, he can't be moved into one of those spots...so it should be between:
    Kevin Doyle, Clinton Morrison, Alan Lee, Stephen Elliot, Robbie Keane, Jason Byrne.

From that lot my top 4 would be (tactical difference also in mind): Keane, Doyle, Lee and Elliot....But Jayo desrves his shot at it and to play his way into the squad.

But as a whole, I'm actually quite happy with the squad. One thing I can say about Stan is he has a positive approach and selects our most exciting/best prospects in the squad which is good...the only real complaint I can have is I would have liked to see Potter in the squad.

But as it stands, I'd like if he played a risky enough team and see if it works:

Given

O'Brien
    Dunne
    Finnan
    Harte
    S.Reid
    S.Ireland
    McGeady
    Duff
    Keane----Doyle

Young enough side. Has some of our more skilfull players with lots of flair...Going forward I have no doubt that's a quality side, but whether or not it has enough of a back bone and has enough strength and presence to contain top players is the real experiment.

But, all in all, I'm happy enough with Stauntons squad selection so far and I'll wait and see if he's as positive with team selection...I'd love to see that team get a run.

Not confident with the experiments I saw against chile (kilbane at LB & CB, Reid at RB and CB iirc..)

Looking forward to the game. :)

Dixon was picked as a midfeilder.
    If anyone should be in there ahead of him I'd say it would be Joey O'Brien, Potter from southampton or Hunt from Reading.

The only thing bothering em about the squad at all is the lack of centre backs, I'd like Stan to name McShane and McCharty in his next friendly squad!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

eirebhoy wrote:

Terry Dixon is also a shock but not as much considering he was in the last squad so must have impressed.

QUOTE]

he's only in the squad because he was born in england, and he might be brought on as a sub so that he cant play for england.AFAIK...i read it that the FAI wanted to have i the squads in order to keep him playing for us.

5 goals in the 2005/2006 European campaign is awful isn't it :rolleyes: oh but Shelbourne are European giants themselves so that should be expected.
    4 of those goals scored against part timers Glentoran. I just don't rate Byrne too highly and it wouldn't bother me if he's in the squad instead of Lee or not. They're both as good as each other.
    Fitzo wrote:
    he's only in the squad because he was born in england, and he might be brought on as a sub so that he cant play for england.AFAIK...i read it that the FAI wanted to have i the squads in order to keep him playing for us.
    Certainly not that. The number of players we've nabbed off England that are currently playing underage football for us runs into double figures. There's not a hope in hell of Dixon changing his mind now and I'm sure Stan (and England) knows that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ruu wrote:
    Some of this lot I have never heard of before. :(

Welcome to International Obscurity, enjoy your stay :(

Gamble would be the only EL player i can think off who is on form and good enough to be in the squad.

2 Champions league players.....

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cant believe Alan O' Brien is the squad. I was in the same class as him in school. Whats strange is he was fast but was certainly not rated as the best player in the class and now he is in the Ireland squad. Thats mad. Ill have to give him a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Nick wrote:
    It's why I couldn't stand Kerr towards the end because when the squad needed an inection of youth and new ideas, he kept the old guard. (McGeady? Dunne?)
    To be fair to Kerr ,I wouldnt have picked McGeady either at the time , I think he was in and out of the Celtic team at the time and I dont recall any great clamour for his inclusion at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

To not pick Paddy McCarthy seems crazy , and I would have preffered Joey O'Brien or Joe Gamble over Alan O'Brien .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Crikey. All these EL toys are all over the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

everyone keeps offering suggestions for players to be included in the squad. fact is, u can only have 11 players on the pitch at any time. where are we gonna put all these palyers? they jsut wont fit into the 24 man squad. and even at that, if u want to see them so badly, and if Stan played everyone that yis wanted, he'd be doin a Sven and fielding 2 different teams for each half. we just need our best 11 players, then maybe one player cover for every position. stop all this nonsense of naming random players u have a personal liking to. if they're good enough, they'll be picked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

If Stan felt Jayo's not good enough to play for Ireland why did waste his and Jayo's time by playing him against Chile?
    Publicity stunt of course.
    "I do look at EL games and consider EL players" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If Stan felt Jayo's not good enough to play for Ireland why did waste his and Jayo's time by playing him against Chile?
    Do you know "Jayo" personally? Does he feel like his time was wasted?

I hope 'we' lose every game by record margins, I'm disgusted.
    Call yourself a fan? :rolleyes:
    The manager makes a wrong decision (in your opinion) and then you want the team to get hammered? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

2 Champions league players.....

Indeed, and most people don't even want one of them to play.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Do you know "Jayo" personally? Does he feel like his time was wasted?
    I've said this already but Shels fans would be moaning about Byrnes exclusion whether he played against Chile or not. The Chile callup is just a bit more ammo for them.
    PHB wrote:
    Indeed, and most people don't even want one of them to play.
    I think most want Finnan and McGeady to play. ;)

btw - Apparantly J.O'Brien is injured.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Call yourself a fan? :rolleyes:
    The manager makes a wrong decision (in your opinion) and then you want the team to get hammered? :rolleyes:

No, never once have I said that I consider myself a fan of the national team, typically a well-wisher at best. That's out the window now, maybe an overreaction to say I hope Stan and his foreign minions get stuffed rotten - but I certainly won't be following 'our' progress with any interest, or care. I thought times were changing, clearly not. Clearly its my opinion that this is a joke of a decision, and perhaps its yours that its not, neither of us can say for definate we are right - but not to worry, I'm sure my views or apathy towards those in green won't effect the blazers stuffing their faces with prawn sandwiches, or the likes of dear ol' Irish Clint.

No, never once have I said that I consider myself a fan of the national team, typically a well-wisher at best. That's out the window now, maybe an overreaction to say I hope Stan and his foreign minions get stuffed rotten - but I certainly won't be following 'our' progress with any interest, or care. I thought times were changing, clearly not. Clearly its my opinion that this is a joke of a decision, and perhaps its yours that its not, neither of us can say for definate we are right - but not to worry, I'm sure my views or apathy towards those in green won't effect the blazers stuffing their faces with prawn sandwiches, or the likes of dear ol' Irish Clint.

Even if we took all the english players out of the squad I still don't think byrne is good enough to get in the squad ahead of Keane, Doyle, Elliot and Lee.

Byrne isn't good enough for international football, he is too slow, his finishing is avrage, he isn't very good in the air at all.

All of the strikers in the squad are playing regularly at a higher level than byrne and playing well, for that reason the deserve to be in the squad ahead of him.

And anybody who gives me the usual "EL is as good as the chamionship" rubbish would you ever pull your head out! The EL is about par with the midtable league one teams, no better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well the fact that you used the word "we" when you said that you "hope we lose every game by record margins" made me assume that you were in fact a fan.

And I never said that Stan's decisions were either right or or wrong but I did say that it was your opinion that it was a bad decision, which you're entitled to of course. I just had a problem with you wishing defeat on the National Team because of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I would have like to have seen Lawarence from S'land picked and Maybury for left back if O Shea is to be used as a CB.

If Alan Lee can get a call up then Jon Macken shouldn't be too far behind him....

I agree with the calls for Joe Gamble to be included in the squad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I would have like to have seen Lawarence from S'land ...

Sunderland are getting even more Irish with Clarke (FB) from West Ham signing for them. That along with Murphy,Cunningham,Elliot and Lawerence.

Will be at the game hopefully we can do well. 2-1 Ireland :eek: :D

Ah, but the swapped an Irish player for an Irish player there (even if George is from the north) so it doesnt count!

they are asking for stokes onloan aswell... Niall Quinns Ireland X1, :)

eirebhoy wrote:

I think most want Finnan and McGeady to play. ;)

Lol i didnt count him as he plays for Celtic, O Shea was the other ;)
    Regardless of EL players we need CL players as you can bet your ass every team that qualifies will have at least 10 in their squads.

kdjac

eirebhoy wrote:
    4 of those goals scored against part timers Glentoran. I just don't rate Byrne too highly and it wouldn't bother me if he's in the squad instead of Lee or not. They're both as good as each other.

Wait a second... you go on about Byrne being a failure in European football but when the fact comes along that he has scored 7 goals in Europe in the last 2 seasons it's all ''ah opposition were ****e blah blah blah''... you can only score goals against who is put in front of you and Byrne has done that with more than flying colours in Europe, you also seem to forget that Shels aren't Chelsea or Barcelona, goals aren't expected to be socred left right and centre.
    eirebhoy wrote:
    I've said this already but Shels fans would be moaning about Byrnes exclusion whether he played against Chile or not. The Chile callup is just a bit more ammo for them.

Of course it is more ammo for us, justifiable ammo since Staunton has shown he has a Jekyll and Hyde attitude to team selection. Do you really think things look good for our Euro 2008 qualifiers with our manager selects players for a squad, plays them for 20 minutes, player plays well (better than most of his teamates) and is dropped suddenly for no reason for the out of form (or should I say talent?) Lee and Morrison when he is still consistantly banging in the goals? The Byrne ''saga'' is only the begining of it, mark my words.

I don't think he's good enough. Stan doesn't think he's good enough so end of story.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I don't think he's good enough. Stan doesn't think he's good enough so end of story.

Ehh but Stan picked O Brien who has a massive 20 minutes of full time football under his belt, a massive 20 minutes at that seemingly he scored a million (guess who his agent is ........)

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Ehh but Stan picked O Brien who has a massive 20 minutes of full time football under his belt, a massive 20 minutes at that seemingly he scored a million (guess who his agent is ........)

kdjac
    Aye, I'm just saying Byrne isn't good enough to be facing the likes of Germany or Slovakia.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Aye, I'm just saying Byrne isn't good enough to be facing the likes of Germany or Slovakia.

But you added that Stan didnt i was just pointing out who and what Stan thinks IS good enough.

In a few years that magicial 20 minutes will be on DVD for us to show our kids :p

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Given
    finnan-dunne-o'brien-harte
    duff-reid-o'shea-kilbane
    --elliot/doyle-keane----

the only doubts i have are where duff will fit in, be it right or left wing and our LB

joey o'brien is injured according to the indo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement