Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to do some kind of Press Release

• 22-08-2006 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi there, I need to do some kind of Press realease or advertising for my site. Only problem is I have NO idea how to go about it:o

Do any of you have any hints or tips?

Thanks,

Deb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

Well I'm not a huge expert in advertising, so I'll leave that up to someone else ... but I can try to help you with your release. You could do an "announcing" or "launch" press release. I'm not sure if you know much about constructing releases, but there is a method!! In a nutshell, a press release is trying to make a journalists life easy, so try to write it the way you think they would.. don't be too sales orientated or over the top. And never write in the first person.

Headline Goes here

The first paragraph of a press release should encapsulate what the release is about in 1/2 sentence. Preferably who, why, when, what, where and how.

Second paragraph should be several lines long and go into further details of what you're writing about.

The third paragraph can either contain more details or often a quote. E.g. John Byrne, Managing Director, newwebsite.com, commented: "We are delighted....."

The Final Paragraph is often background/history on the company etc.
    -ENDS-

For further information, please contact:
    Joe Bloggs
    Phone:
    Email:
    Mobile

If there is additional info. which you don't want to include in the release you can put in an extra bit called Note to Editors after the -ENDS-

In terms of issuing.. you can look up a wide variety of publications at www.medialive.ie - there you will be provided with phone numbers, your best bet is to call them and get the best email address to send it to. I am not sure what your site is based on - but if it's techie, then you could send it to the likes of www.enn.ie and siliconrepublic.com

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Thanks a million! I'll give it a go;)

Deb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

PM me if you need any specific and I'd be delighted to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Thanks Watersprings! I put one together and I'll pm you now with it to see what ya thing;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Seohelp

Just to throw in my 2 cents. If the Press Release that you are sending out is of interest to a global audience then I would suggest that you check out PRweb.com for distribution purposes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement