Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i Rma this ram.

Options
  • 22-08-2006 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

I've got this ram: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=320721

Its rated to run at 667mhz @ 4-5-4-15 with 2.1v but it doesn't. ive tried memtest & it fails test 5 everytime, even when i up it to 2.2v i still get errors. i can pass (2hr loop of test 5) running at 533mhz @ 4-4-4-12 with 2.05v. at the moment i'm running at 355fsb and this gives me a 1:1 oc. was goin to try running my memory faster than my fsb to see what kind of results i get, but cant. will this be ok or should i rma it? also if i rma it has anybody rma'd thru komplett. will they send out ram 1st, before i send it back. really cant live without my new pc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Well that depends, have you tried running the ram at higher speeds on a divider?

Its not just the ram you know, memory controller needs to be able to keep up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Well had it on 355fsb at the time. Nb is still on 1.6v (default). i'll up the nb and try again.

Tried upping nb to 1.65, then 1.7v and still cant pass @ 2.2v. gonna try it later with no oc to see if it passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Post here first to get correct settings for your board, if you can't run on the settings the guys there give you - they will organise a direct RMA.

Cheers m8.

• Advertisement
Advertisement