Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Deferral Letter

• 22-08-2006 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

To those of you who did......

Any suggestions as to wording - formal or informal? Detailed or not? Is it enough to just want to work for a year and save money, or would there have to be a really SERIOUS reason to not go this year? Can you just want to bugger off for a year and live in Tibet for the hell of it, or do you need to have someone to confirm it?

Sorry for all the questions, but not been in this situation before ;) (like most, I suppose!)and trying to word a letter so that it does not sound too much like *I'm not coming this year cause I dont want to yet*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

What I said was something along the lines of "I would like to defer my entry to X for one academic year as I feel that I am financially unable to take my place on the course at this time." Make it formal, don't write a load of stuff but do say that if they need more information that they can contact you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Sorry to put a damper on it but our Guidance teacher said just to say for "personal reasons" or "family issues" because they dont swallow the whole "financial problems" thing because of all the grants and support, scholarships etc. available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

A lot of people don't qualify for grants(myself included), I very well could have used something like that though(my mam is recovering from back surgery,has been out of work for over a year and hasn't been paid for six months) but I would have felt dirty even though it would be a perfectly legitemate reason, she even suggested I say it but I said no.

Advertisement