Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants for new McDonagh Junction Shopping Centre

• 22-08-2006 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭

Was reading on the KK people last week the tenant line-up for the railway development (shopping centre part).
    Shops confirmed are Dunnes, Next, Virgin megastores, Pull and Bear amongst others I can't recall.
    While I appreciate the arrival of some new stores and investment to KK, I just hope local small businesses won't be squeezed out in the long run.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

I walked McDonagh Junction during the first weekend and really wish more shops were open for the thousands of footfalls that came to see what's on offer. Based on what I saw, I don't think Kilkenny's High Street is going to be threatened by the McDonagh cluster at the train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I get the impression from looking at the place that they opened it up as soon as they possibly could, regardless of what units were ready. No doubt there were penalty clauses involved as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Rumour has it Dunnes were putting them under major pressure to get the place open and start the money rolling in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Stephen wrote: »
    Rumour has it Dunnes were putting them under major pressure to get the place open and start the money rolling in.

I bet they didn't like having there shop finished and not making money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Yep. I'd say as soon as Dunnes were ready to open, it was opened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I was visiting some friends up the country over the weekend and went into the Athlone Town Centre which is only just opened either. It's what McDoughnut Junction should've been. Dunnes Bores and Carphone Warehouse aren't going to pull in the punters.

Advertisement