Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Comic Jam Firday at Sin E

Options
  • 22-08-2006 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

The info for this is kind of all over the other thread and I was worried people would miss it.

Comic Jam this firday [25/08/06] at Sin E from 9pm till whenever. Sin E is located at 14-15 Ormond Quay [just down from capel street bridge]. I've been told there's a downstairs section that should be good for a jam session.

If you want to try your hand at a jam comic then be sure to bring along a sketch book and whatever medium you like to make marks with but if you don't want to draw don't be put off, come along and talk comics.

If you've got some of your own comics, that you want to show off/get feedback on, bring them along or, as thursday is new comic day, bring along what your reading at the moment.

I should be easy to spot - I'll be the fat chick in the yellow t-shirt with this print on the front
    tshirtblimp.jpg

Come on people - this could be fun or if it sucks we have one drink and leave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

ill try my best to get along and bring a mate. any cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

bombidol wrote:
    any cover?

not from what i hear, i've never been there but someone rec'd it in the earlier thread. if anyone knows different let me know ASAP so i can move location

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Should be there armed and eh... not quite dangerous but hopefully prepared ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 chrisfw

no cover charge in Sin E, and at 9 might start to be filling up upstairs but downstairs should be alright with a free table or two tho could get packed later!
    i'm outta town this fri goddamn it, but by and large i'm up for it! have fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ah so its not a booked function room per se and more of a booze up? could get weird with random trendy fooks walkin around asking you to draw pictures of them. spilled randomers beer on your new comics etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

bombidol wrote:
    Ah so its not a booked function room per se and more of a booze up? could get weird with random trendy fooks walkin around asking you to draw pictures of them. spilled randomers beer on your new comics etc.

nope not a booked function thing, maybe if theres enough interest in future might be worth doing something like that but really not enough interest from people right now.

Most comic jams I've been to have always been in either pubs or cafes or in parks and a rather fun one on a subway train at 4am, never had any probs with random people. Like I've said i just want to have a go at doing something, it could be a good laugh or it could suck. If i end up drinking by myself for an hour so be it, not going to worry me.

Advertisement