Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan bid for Ronaldo

• 22-08-2006 10:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

I have two thoughts on this one.

1) When he is fit he is the best striker in the world, and with MilanLab he could be fit within 3 months of or so.

2)He is fat, wil cost a lot and maybe we should be signing someone younger.

This is what is on Milan's official site, which NEVER comments on transfers, seems they are pretty sure of getting him.

"ADRIANO GALLIANI: ‘We have requested Ronaldo from Real’
    8/22/2006

BELGRADE – A satisfied Adriano Galliani spoke after Milan’s Champions League qualification and he stated that Milan have officially requested Real Madrid to open negotiations on the possible transfer of Ronaldo."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good signing for any team, get him fit and hes 20+ goals a season.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He's still a quality player. His goal last season againt Barca at the Nou pretty much summed him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Milan are short a striker since Shevchenko went and Ronaldo definetly would fit the bill for them. Would have liked to see Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooy together though still though RVN and Raul isnt bad either:)
    If he does go would he be the first man to play for Inter ,Milan , Real Madrid and Barcelona?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

gustavo wrote:
    and Van Nistelrooy together though still though RVN and Raul isnt bad either:)

yeah if raul can pull his head out of his arse long enough to score some goals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i think he's a fat piece of *bleep*

*edit*

i forgot i cant be overly critical or i'll be banned :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I dont think this is a good move at all for milan while milan have a reputation for improving players fitness the player has to want it to and im not sure he still has the same drive also with 2 of the current 3 main strikers in thier 30's someone younger should be the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Short term (1-2 seasons) measure but everytime he s written off comes back and scores. i think he'd do well for them (as long as he doesnt have to run to much)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

On form, the best striker in my lifetime watching football(about 16 years)

Not sure about him now, he just looked so past it at the World Cup, he needs several months to get back into shape, and like what someone said already, he needs to want to aswell. At 30 years of age, time is running out to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

If they don't pay too much he could be a good signing.

Is Galliani not meant to be suspended from football activities?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He is, but he isn't officially running the club anymore with Berlu back as president so I guess there is some leagle loop hole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

fit, the man has 2/3 seasons left in him at the top flight - maybe a super sub season after that. price and fitness depending, this could be an excellent move for milan.

Advertisement