Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do in Mullingar....

• 22-08-2006 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭

I'm in Mullingar next week for a few days & looking for good bars etc.....any recommendations ??

ta

A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

There's near 50 pubs in the town, ranging in size, decor and clickiness. For large and friendly I'd try Con's, Danny Byrnes or The Druids Chair. Others in the centre that can be good are Gallaghers, Daly's and Canton Caseys.

For food there's a good variety of restaurants and chippers. One's i'd recommend are

Amber Court-Chinese
    Pasta Bella-Italian(vgood for pasta and pizza)
    Amaritas or Sagar-Indian
    Oscars-General
    There's also a good restaurant above Canton Caseys, but the name escapes me at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

Agreed ,most of the bars are friendly enough and theres plenty within walking distance of eachother so if you want a pub crawl?..
    Oh and the restaurant above Canton Caseys is called Fat Cats I've heard good things but haven't been in it yet.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭CGorman

I would rate Fat Cats and Oscars as easily the best food in town. The Amber Court is an exceptionally good chinese also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

freewing wrote:
    Agreed ,most of the bars are friendly enough and theres plenty within walking distance of eachother so if you want a pub crawl?..
    Oh and the restaurant above Canton Caseys is called Fat Cats I've heard good things but haven't been in it yet.:)

Lol a pub crawl on my own.......

Thanks for the recommendations guys - I'll check out a few of the venues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Dont forget to visit the crossbar and caffreys! Excellent spots for the craic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement