Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing the Royal Canal

Options
  • 22-08-2006 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to get down to my brother who lives near Mullingar in the next few weeks. I'm also hoping to take the opportunity to fish the Royal Canal out around Killucan. Can someone tell me the best spots to fish, what I might catch, what bait / tactics to use. I'm a newby when it comes to fishing!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hi,i was on the royal canal near kilcock a few weeks ago,it was very sunny and warm and the canal was dead for hours.It picked up a little when the sun started to go down with a few small perch and rudd.I also managed to hook an eel about three feet long on a worm but he straightened the hook out after half an hour of playing.Going back tommorow morning to try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 billyk

go back to enfield on the royal canal longwood stretch or blackshades stretch or the match stretch in enfield town
    good stock of roach, rudd, bream, tench, hybrids, eels, pike, and the odd carp
    night time is best

Advertisement