Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Should the " Its The Random Merged Weekend Merged MidTerm!!!!" thread be stickied??

• 22-08-2006 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

TIMAY!! Sticky the thread please!!

Should the "Its The Random Merged Weekend Merged MidTerm!!!!" thread be stickied? 13 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Who the fcuk voted no???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

well it wasn't me!!

nor me. Probably TimAy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Not me.

Quick change the spelling of his name...i realised i spelt it wrong and we want to make sure that he stickys the thread so we gotta make him happy, not angry!!!

We love you TimAy!

• Advertisement

Done. What about sending him a PM

whassupp2 wrote:
    Done. What about sending him a PM
    wow you're a bright spark this evening! ok done and dusted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Why?

As someone pointed out, we're all heading off to our various college forums now. Was the "random merged weekend merged midterm" here when we started posting? No it wasn't, because it's our thread. Let the new 6th years start their own random chatter thread if they like, but personally I think our one should be locked and left to drift off the first page once we leave.

Also, why get it stickied now? Wouldn't it have made more sense to lobby for it being a sticky sooner, when we were all actively using this forum?

And thirdly, why bother stickying a thread that active? The point of a sticky is to make sure a thread doesn't drift off the front page. And if a thread is getting as many posts as this one then there;s absolutely no need to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

The whole thing about the thread is that it's stayed up on the first page for so long, making it a sticky will ruin it. Stickies always get forgotten about.

Voting yes is voting the downfall of the thread!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I voted no too, wtf is the point in stickying a thread with 90+ pages of rambling?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

The thread been ruined by people talking about the thread and nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

wel i voted yes!we are moving on - but remember we shall be small fish in a big pond once again - and the comfort of our little thread will always be here! perhaps we should just pop in from time to time - i doubt any other forum could boast such a pointless thread as ours mwahahhaahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

d4gurl wrote:
    wel i voted yes!we are moving on - but remember we shall be small fish in a big pond once again - and the comfort of our little thread will always be here! perhaps we should just pop in from time to time - i doubt any other forum could boast such a pointless thread as ours mwahahhaahah
    The cuckoo's nest or thunderdrome... or the conspiracy forum.. or even better... after hours... the domains of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Raphael wrote:
    Why?

As someone pointed out, we're all heading off to our various college forums now. Was the "random merged weekend merged midterm" here when we started posting? No it wasn't, because it's our thread. Let the new 6th years start their own random chatter thread if they like, but personally I think our one should be locked and left to drift off the first page once we leave.

Also, why get it stickied now? Wouldn't it have made more sense to lobby for it being a sticky sooner, when we were all actively using this forum?

And thirdly, why bother stickying a thread that active? The point of a sticky is to make sure a thread doesn't drift off the front page. And if a thread is getting as many posts as this one then there;s absolutely no need to do that
    Shush yer lips up. Just a quick May, Yay, or Nay will do. Doubt it will actually get stickied ladies, but if yeh really want you can print it off and try to publish it. I suggest trying Cecilia Ahern's publisher first.

Oh yeah, for the inevitable movie tie-in, I was thinking a cliamactic ending where the thread gets taken over by hackers, and they change d4gurl's screenname to Tom_WaitsFan06. The madness! The hilarity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I'm afraid stickying a thread that has no relavence at all the the leaving cert in a leaving cert forum would be a bit stupid so the idea gets a no. I was actually thinking of closing it on the results day as it's turned into a post count thread but for the moment i'll leave it open. It can still be a get away from the L.C....just not at the top of the page. Anyway, you guys are now officially finished forever with the leaving!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement