Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2 of my shorts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Just watched The empty room - cool concept. Could be a music video!

Starting watching Every Day Any Day but at 10 mins it's a bit long for work :rolleyes: but the 1st 2 mins have me intrigued so I'll deffo watch it later and give my tuppence worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

empty room is good, great song aswell. i dont know if u used some sort of effect to give it that grainy feel but i would have perferred a clearer picture!

every day any day, was a bit long and strange i dont really get the end either. was he never in new york to begin with???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

craze7 wrote:
    empty room is good, great song aswell. i dont know if u used some sort of effect to give it that grainy feel but i would have perferred a clearer picture!

Actually the film was shot on a Bolex 16mm.

The music is done by a friend of mine, he does the music to all my films so far (he's done 2 more but i havnt put that film up yet, and havnt decided if i will at all.)

every day any day, was a bit long and strange i dont really get the end either. was he never in new york to begin with???

This is based roughly on a real experiance (sort of) when I spent time in new york, and due to the extreme heat very bare hotel room, lack of human contact and numerous other factors, i sort of went nuts for a brief while.

The ending is a bit of a mixed bag because when filming began it wasnt the one scripted, what was originally scripted was the door was to be kicked down and he was going to be chased by an army of guys in a Uncle Sam costume across a field (equally wierd) but due to my inability to get one large sized uncle same outfit (let alone 10) I quickly rewrote the ending into a dream sequence which was trying to bring across the fact that he wasnt happy being locked up in his hotel room all night and working all day with no human contact. The guy in the gas mask was actually the same actor (due to my inability to find anyone in such short notice).

The film is set in new york but It was shot in Cambridge. I used left over footage of my time in new york to fill in all the new york parts, hence the obvious difference in quality, new york footage is 16mm, cambridge is digital. Pretty much all the audio was ADR.

cool, actually i like the fact u changed the ending im not really a fan of scripts my self. i like to improvise as much as possible.

u should put up ur other shorts..

have u ever seen "pray alone"? it is made by someone from bray film school and was shot completly on green screen. its deadly, the action is like something u would see in the matrix.

if u want i could give u the link to the film, its a 100 mb download!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yeah it was on the film board here a number of times
    thats the one where its all a computer game and it loops back to the beginning at the end because its a new game
    Pretty impressive if i remember correctly, sadly I dont have access to the equipment, budget or the computer skilled people in those areas.

• Advertisement

yeah thats the one, i think it cost 80,000 euro to shot 15 mins!!!!!

Advertisement