Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quick question

• 23-08-2006 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

im heading over to america soon on a holiday and i was thinking of buying an aeg while i was over there. i know there is no hope of me bringing it home in my luggage but i was just wondering would i be able to post it too myself.

if any of you have tried this and it worked please let me know or if any of you have any information about getting it over here that would be helpful.

thanks
    nug

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

leagally there should not a problem bringing it home, providing its under the 1 joule limit,but i do believe you have to declare it and it has to be in the hold,not hand luggage, but i'm sure some airlines may give you a hard time over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

ehh right now i'd post it because the air marshal on the plane might shoot you or the pilot might land the plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

If its in your luggage in the hold then it should be fine. Just dont try bring back gas...they dont like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭-Strawbs-

Sorry but, no you'll never get it back man. A friend of mine tried to bring back a cap gun, (less harmfull than an airsoft gun). And the security went crazy, nearly kept him from going on the flight, and it was in his cargo luggage and all. With security at a high now because of the bomb scare and stuff, God im dragging on! Anyway, try if you want, good luck! :D

Strawbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

First of all notify the airline you are flying with, that you plan to bring replica weapons. Some airlines allow them and some don't, if they do allow them then they will inform you as to what the procedure is for storing replica firearms in the cargo hold.

, Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 dcx122

thanks for the advice guys. i dont think ill try bring it in my luggage. too much hassle just to save a few quid on shipping. i think ill just order one from a site within the eu then shipping wont be too bad and no customs tax either.

Advertisement