Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Broadband

• 23-08-2006 8:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I have Kildare bb in the Calverstown area. While i find it is a big improvement from ISDN, I am having problems with 'skype' and i tried instaling blueface telephony and the reception is bad on both systems, I also have problems with MSN messaging video streaming. Blueface did some testing but the reception keeps crashing when the bb connection is put thru their modem, it dos'nt crash when i have connection goig directly into pc.The reception ,i think is too variable and it seems to crash if its put under too much pressure, maybe.
    Any other opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭nilhg

Hi Robert

You need to give some more information, what is your setup at home, what gear are KBB using to connect you, how far are you from the mast and anything else that might be relevant, then somebody might be able to help.

Try running this test http://myvoipspeed.visualware.com/ and post back the results.

John

PS You might have been better off posting this in the VOIP forum

Advertisement