Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

It's not just the learners, you know!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

endplate wrote:
    You'd be a lot happier

I see a lot of bad driving on the roads here but I don't whinge and moan about it I learn from my experience and learn how to avoid a situation like that in the future

and that's the difference between a responsible, experienced driver and a Muppet on the road. we learn from our experiences on the road.

good post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jumpy wrote:
    Excuse my off topic pedantic comment here, but its 'reckless' not 'wreckless'
    I see it on boards a lot and it is starting to drive me crazy.
    I wake up in cold sweats screaming "RECKLESS HAS NO W!!"

I'm with you there Jumpy - and I thought it was just me!

My other pet hate on Motors is the use of the word "undertaking". :rolleyes::eek: I also wake up at night screaming "NO,NO,NO,NO,NO".:D
    There is no such thing, unless you are a funeral director. You won't find it in the Road Traffic Acts, Statutory Instruments, Rules of the Road, Theory Test Manual or the Journal of Advanced Motoring nor will you be asked about it in any driving test.

The correct term is "Overtaking on the left". :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

and that's the difference between a responsible, experienced driver and a Muppet on the road. we learn from our experiences on the road.

good post.

:D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

micmclo wrote:
    Nearly got knocked down by a learner driver this morning on the Ballybough road as I crossed the road at a pedestrian crossings
    Drivers seem to speed up at pedestrian crossings as the lights go amber.
    Shouted at her but I doubt she noticed or cared.

Also, congrats to the motorcycle garda who pulled a cyclist over for breaking a red light outside Connolly station this morning.

I have never, ever, ever, ever seen a cyclist been done for this before. Fair play as it's pretty dangerous.
    If only there were penalty points for cyclists
    The Inspector of the north inner city traffic corps told me that he directs his people to stop and to prosecute cyclists as wells as cars. (I, a cyclist, had a meeting with him after complaining to the Assistant Commissioner that Gardai were not doing anything about the multiple reports I made about various junctions I pass by on my cycle to work). I totally welcome his directive - I've shouted at a few cyclists that break lights. Frequently get verbally abused in return.

WRT to the Ballybough road, it's not clear to me that you had the 'green man'. If you did, you can report the incident to Traffic Watch (1890-205-805). I reported a red light runner last week (Alfie Byrne Road at East Point Business Park). The Garda gave the driver a good bollicking. The driver claimed not to remember the incident (which included me waving arms as the driver when through the pedestrian crossing with the green man showing). I think that many drivers are on auto pilot and simply not paying attention (I think that 'see amber, press accelerator' is an instinctive thing).

Advertisement