Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice

• 23-08-2006 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Please give me some advice. my bf and me decided to take some time apart at the weekend. however my bf was invited to a wedding next thursday
    should i still go to the wedding or stick to the original plan and take this time apart we so badly need? we had planned to go to the wedding together before we decided to part

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

What would you like to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

go if you want to, especially if you would enjoy it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Go to the wedding. People will see him there without you and start to ask questions. This might put ideas into his head. Agree to go as a one off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Go to it and enjoy it! Hope it all works out well for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Is he alright with you coming to the wedding with him?
    If so, go and enjoy it if it feels right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for your advice guys, however we were at another wedding 4 weeks ago and my bf ignored me all day! didnt even have a drink or dance with him! and we were together that time so afraid he'l do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Aidan78

bi wrote:
    should i still go to the wedding or stick to the original plan and take this time apart we so badly need? we had planned to go to the wedding together before we decided to part

Would you be comfortable going to the wedding with your boyfriend? If so, then ask him if he still wants you to go.

However, given the fact that you say you badly need time apart, I wonder if it is a good idea to go to a wedding where you would both be spending so much time together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

my bf owns a pub therefore i know he'l hate everyone coming up asking him where i am, he can be very private about his personal affairs. but is going to the wedding just putting on a show for everyone else and not being true to ourselves? i just dont want to be seen as the bad one in this situation either where people think god she could have at least accompanied him to the wedding

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Talk to your b/f. Then decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you are comfortable going there, then go ahead but if not then just leave it and take your mind off things elsewhere. I personally would go ahead and enjoy myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

it sounds like you two should break up permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Aidan78

bi wrote:
    however we were at another wedding 4 weeks ago and my bf ignored me all day! didnt even have a drink or dance with him! and we were together that time so afraid he'l do it again!

If that's the way he's going to treat you when you're not on a break, OP, then if you do go to the wedding, I think you can expect pretty much the same treatment.

I wouldn't be too concerned about his feelings or what other people think. At the end of the day, you should be looking after Number 1, especially since your boyfriend never did that when you were going out.

I take back what I said earlier. It doesn't sound like he deserves you. Ditto with what Fanny said. Dump his ass and find someone more worthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I second Fanny Craddock. It's clearly not working, move on.

I would also suggest you work on the ability to think for yourself, there was no advice needed here imho, you just couldn't make your own mind up.

Sir Fade the Often Overlooked Due to Transparency

Advertisement