Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any kids clubs??

Options
  • 23-08-2006 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all
    we've recently moved here from the UK.Myself,husband and 2 children and are currently looking for kids clubs,playgroups anything that helps them to make friends (they are missing their friends back home).I read on another thread about a babysitting club which sounds like a good idea.
    Anything that helps them settle in would be great. As I intend to home school (girl 7 boy 4) its important I find some outside activities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hi Jaime.
    Where abouts in the country are you ?

I woudl suggest trying your local community centres and getting in touch with your local child nurse in the local health clinic as they tend to have a listing of playgroups and like in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

Welcome Jamie
    This parenting forum can be quite sparse with advice, I find not alot of people visit this forum! But childcare.ie and rollercoaster.ie may have what your looking for!

Not saying the advice in here is bad, just hard to find anyone in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dreamer 7 wrote:
    This parenting forum can be quite sparse with advice, I find not alot of people visit this forum! But childcare.ie and rollercoaster.ie may have what your looking for!

Not saying the advice in here is bad, just hard to find anyone in here!

IF you have any ideas to improve the community here Dreamer 7 do let me know.
    Boards started out as a site for inline gamers so the population of boards has not been those with children until quiet recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

local sports groups are a real winner. Soccer, Gaelic football and hurling are the big ones (in particular, gaelic football is very popular with younger boys and girls around Dublin. I'd estimate that approx. 70% of my sons school year attended the gaelic nursury). The nursury's start up around September / October and run through 'til the summer (ground is too hard to play on then).

Where abouts in the country are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

Thaedydal wrote:
    IF you have any ideas to improve the community here Dreamer 7 do let me know.
    Boards started out as a site for inline gamers so the population of boards has not been those with children until quiet recently.

As I said Thaedydal there is nothing wrong with the advice you get in here, its prob just that there are so many forums to choose from and alot of peole dont have kids.

You can see from my history here I have posted a few times but the lead time in replys is very slow compared to PI or AH.

No critisim (spell??) intended it just that when i really need some advice in the field of parenting I have to go elsewhere to get it. No offence intended!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jaime

thanks a lot dreamer 7
    The sites you advised were a big help particularly childcare.ie I found a couple of leads, Gymboree being one which is great as it covers both 4 and 7 yr olds just what im looking for.

Im in the greystones area and have managed to find some extra clubs such as brownies, drama and playgroups which is more than enough for now.

so once again cheers for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jaime

thanks for getting back to me
    Im in the greystones area and have found a few clubs now so thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also music & drama, scouts.

Advertisement