Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sleeping With Someone

• 23-08-2006 10:38am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Do you sleep better with someone in your bed or alone? And if you do sleep with someone, do you typically fall asleep when in physical contact with them, or separated? Comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I tend to sleep better when I have someone beside me, though if that someone is a drunken mate of mine who couldnt afford taxi fare home, and also who tends to get a little friendly whilst sleeping I dont sleep well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I can go to sleep fine with my daughter but if I'm in the bed with a guy I find it very hard to actually fall asleep and wake early. Once I'm asleep though nothing wakes me up. I prefer to be seperated before I sleep. I like hugging the pillow instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I'm in bed and usually fast asleep before hubby gets home from work these days. (I work days, he works evening 2nd shift).
    He snores, though. So on his nights off, I can't sleep if he drifts off before me.

And yes, touching always in some manner - a leg over, holding a hand, something.

L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I sleep the same whether someone is beside me or not. No contact usually. Well sometimes.

It annoys me though, sometimes I wake during the middle of the night trying to get back the duvet..or I'll have to push him back onto his side of the bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

I wish i had someone to sleep with :( thats my favourite thing to do with someone but its been years now since i had a proper sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I find it weird now if hubby is not beside me. We usually get into bed with him with one arm around me and then like in sequence he turns and I turn putting my arm around him. Always wake up with our backs to each other though. If he goes out with the lads or away on a trip I find I sleep better only if I wear one of his t-shirts to bed. Funny How We form sleep habits like this. Although when I was pregnant I think i would have prefered him anywhere but in the bed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

On my own now for a good while.
    When I'm not, it was either no contact or her head on my chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Probably couldn't sleep without the wifey snuggled up to me. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I love snuggling etc but for the actual falling asleep I prefer to have some space so I can twist and turn a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Get much the same sleep whether I'm in my own house or staying with my boyfriend.

Bit of cuddling is nice before sleep but I need to be completely separate when I go to sleep. I don't do well with heat so the heat from his body against mine is a no-no when trying to sleep. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement