Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a good case with two rear 120mm fans??

Options
  • 23-08-2006 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Getting ready to upgrade, but wanna be 100% sure about everything before i buy!

im looking for a case for watercooling, something with two rear 120mm fans, so i can mount the rad on them.

i really like pog's case, but kinda wanted something to the rear, so i could mount the res to the front if i desired.......

any ideas....?? a side window would be a plus, but not essential as i can always add one in later...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

http://www.vadim.co.uk/Cooling+%26+Modding/Cases/Chieftec/Chieftec+Mesh-Series+Black

Chieftec big tower mesh has 2 * 120mm fans for the back

37304_1.jpg

ohh look the rad even fits inside!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

the gigabyte aurora, wizzard is even selling one at the moment. I had one for my last system and loved it. Was really easy to work with and quite nice to look at too.

the akasa eclipse 62 and CM stackers are also great cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

coolermaster stacker tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Second vote for a Stacker.
    More room than you will ever need. It can fit a triple rad with a little light Dremel work and a dual with no mods at all.

Some folks say they don't like the looks of a Stacker....but they're just plain mad :D

I could always part with my huge blue server case...could fit several rads in there...see below ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

thanks lads.....i have some thinking to do now....was already leaning towards a cm stacker, humm, willl have to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thermaltake comes all ready for w/cing. Holes already in case. Only has 1 120mm fan @ back. Lovely case to work in, loads of room. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Thermaltake comes all ready for w/cing. Holes already in case. Only has 1 120mm fan @ back. Lovely case to work in, loads of room. :D

Built like a peice of crap, sharp edges, loose/badly designed plastic fittings, looks tacky. I hate TT cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I don't mean to highjack this thread, but i'm also looking for a case that takes 2x120mm fans in the back, but I need it built more like these. These guys seem to have gone out of business, do you know of anywhere else I can get a PC case that is cubed like that and split into 2 chambers. I'd need it to just be the height of the mobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Try MountainMods - they do cube cases.

sarahn11: The Aurora that I have can fit a dual rad at the back (outside) and already has dust proof tubing holes cut into the back of the case.

• Advertisement

it wont fit inside no???humm...can you post up a pic for me?? i can't get adverts to show up pictures for some reason....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It's reviewed here

Manufacturer here

Pic attached. BTW, you have to whitelist the entire site for adverts.ie in AdBlock to view it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

krazy_8s wrote:
    Built like a peice of crap, sharp edges, loose/badly designed plastic fittings, looks tacky. I hate TT cases.
    quoted for truth

L31mr0d wrote:
    I don't mean to highjack this thread, but i'm also looking for a case that takes 2x120mm fans in the back, but I need it built more like these. These guys seem to have gone out of business, do you know of anywhere else I can get a PC case that is cubed like that and split into 2 chambers. I'd need it to just be the height of the mobo.

This thing is silly money, but do you mean something like this ?

http://www.watercooling.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_565&products_id=36727&imagenumber=4&osCsid=6c16ac5a9788fde851d4f637b82cf168

Ever seen any mountain mods cases?

http://www.mountainmods.com/

yeah i ahve it whitelisted, but for some reason it only shows up pics sometimes...

wiz, case looks good....lemmie have a think about it and get back to ya!

Not doing a TO, but im planning on getting one of them for my old rig. and plan to fit a second rig in it too. with 4 loops. one for gaming, one on ubuntu just for general stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

4 loops.1 loop for sli,2nd for cpu,3rd for chipset(Waste) and 4th ?? hdd (also waste)

dont waste money you can give to too me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

Get the gigabyte aurora, its a top class case with everything you're looking for, two rear 120 mm fans plus all the holes pre cut for water cooling, also has a cool front projector to beam out a message on the floor.:rolleyes:
    Very nice case to work with and the quality is top notch you have to see it to believe it, the aluminium door is about 7 mm thick! :D

awhir wrote:
    4 loops.1 loop for sli,2nd for cpu,3rd for chipset(Waste) and 4th ?? hdd (also waste)

dont waste money you can give to too me.:D

ah your forgeting that there will be 2 cpus. 3 graphics cards. 2 chipsets also. Im only in the planning stage atm, and need more ideas. Was even gonna try pelting the gpus cpu and chipset, but it looks like to much hard work, and way to much wiring. i would love to try phase changing, but knowing me i would probably freeze my fingers together or something equally daft :(

• Advertisement

Might be worth a look, limited edition lian li cube case

http://www.extremeprometeia.com/acatalog/Aluminium_Cases.html

Advertisement