Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gear lever getting stuck

• 23-08-2006 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

Quick question hopefully you can help.

My bike is about 4 months old and the gear levers are starting to get a bit sticky when I change down {go into a lower gear} the lever should spring back into position and it is not now.

The Gear lever is a Shimano STEF50 8Spd

24 Gears in total, it is the down change which is getting stuck, So pushing forward with the thumb changer!

Any advise on fixing this,

Cheers

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

If it's only 4 months old you should bring it back to the shop and have them check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It might just need a bit of lubrication. Bring it back to the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

I had a similar problem with my mtb, had the bike shop stuck and all, I eventually discovered my handlebar grips had rotated and were preventing lever from returning to it's original position, might be worth checking if you have anything bar flat grips.

Advertisement