Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technomate or Dreambox

• 23-08-2006 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

I'm about to spend some money.

please help.

the Palcom box Tony provided a few years ago still works fine but I'm looking to move to the next level.

Aquos has convinced me that conditional access modules are no longer really needed. I just need to get up to speed with the new technology.

What i'm really looking for is a box that gives flexibility with producing my own preferred channel lists and EPGs. Also something that is user friendly if I hook it up a laptop.

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Dreambox is good once you get it all up and running, it is a real hobbyist box imo. And can provide many hours of fun with all the different plugins and various epg replacements etc. A bit of networking knowledge is advisable and a few unix commands off the top of ones head is also handy. And once you get your dreambox permently online its potentail becomes a lot greater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Dreambox, triple dragon, Itgate and Reelbox all different +/- and good if you want more than Palcom.

Though you might find the Palcom menus are better!

Building a Media PC is also an option at 1500+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Think I will fly blind and just plump for the Technomate 1500c+ or whatever it's called.

pardon the highly probably dumb question but
    anybody know what 'blind search' means ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Just searching all satellites without transponder info/PIDs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Need it for feed hunting.
    Slower than auto update from satcodx.
    Not many receivers do it well, of those tiny few that do it at all.

You CAN do it with an analogue sat receiver* and a shortwave radio. Or a spectrum analyser, analogue receiver* and 2nd spectrum analyser.

(*that has a baseband out like for a D2MAC decoder)

• Advertisement
Advertisement