Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Stiffed By Water Treatment Company

Options
  • 23-08-2006 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Long post here.... As the title suggests, I got done. Basically I bought a pH correction system to bring up a low pH mains water supply which tested at around 6.7... now this may not sound bad, but trust me, it is worth getting it 'fxed' as it was causing weird skin irritation and gradual pipe corrosion, and most mains supplies should be in the alkaline range.

Anyway, the company I bought from charged me 600 Euros for it, but what I didn't know then is that a bypass pipe is essential to prevent the pH from skyrocketing to between 9 and 10, and having ridiculous amounts of lime present. So they sent a guy on my request to come and install one (albeit 3 months after the original install). They wanted to charge me an extra 120 Euros for this, the guy installed the bypass and left. I didn't pay the money, as something didn't feel right.... the guy didn't speak good English, and didn't really seem to know why he was sent, I had to explain it, and it was tough to communicate.

Basically he fecked it right up, and this 'bypass' which should create a normal pH had no effect and when he tested the pH it started off at 9.7! Eventually it made its way down to just over 8 and stopped there, but that is still too high, and was only that low because the water had less contact time with the mineral bed in the unit as he continually ran the water. He then said that he had to collect the money from the previous time, I said 'no' because even still you didn't get the job done, he was clueless! I asked him to uninstall the unit, and he said he could not because he had other customers waiting.

The end product is I will get an angry phone call from the company today pissed off that I didn't pay them that 120 Yoyos, and because they have no clue about pH correction systems despite selling them for exorbitant prices, I will not be able to make them comprehend why they bolloxed it up. I want a refund, but that looks unlikely. Also, we have horrible slimy lime filled water which we are left with. Please help!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Do you want help with being badly treated as a consumer or help with sorting the water out with another company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭FrinkDink

Both actually :) ... I know that most people won't know what the hell I was on about in the post, but if you do, any advice would be helpful. Like would I have grounds for a refund etc. Although having just been on to them there, they now want to be paid that 120 Euros before they even uninstall the unit! So I'm stuck with the slimy sh*t water for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭FrinkDink

bump

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Don't have a suggestion regarding the water issue, although I can move the thread to the consumer issues forum.

Advertisement