Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TrafficWatch working well for me

• 23-08-2006 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭

Up until yesterday my experience with TrafficWatch had been poor. When it was first introduced a few years ago it took 3 months to get a callback. I didn't use it again until last month. One call took 9 days to get returned, another is 4 weeks and counting.

Yesterday I called about a red light runner. I got a callback within an hour! Driver will be spoken to. If driver is unapologetic I said that I'd go to court.

On the way home last night I saw another red light runner (Cross Guns Bridge, a junction I've reported numerous times). I rang TW this morning. We realised that I had the wrong reg plate but the report was taken anyway. I got a callback within 30 mins! The Garda said that it is a known problem junction and that they'd keep a closer eye on it.

On the way in this morning, as I was about to cross the Cross Guns Bridge junction, a car ran the red light. I turned the bike around and followed the car (I knew it would get stopped at the next lights and I wanted to get the reg 100% correct). I noted the reg. At the next junction the same driver broke the red lights again!! I went straight to Mountjoy Station. If the Gardai want, I will go to court for these two incidents.
    The Garda who took my report said that red light running is a big problem early in the morning. When she's on the way in at 6am she said that she slows as she goes through green lights!

TrafficWatch: 1890-205-805.
    It is a 24 hour service.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Good to know. Cheers.
    daymobrew wrote:
    Up until yesterday my experience with TrafficWatch had been poor. When it was first introduced a few years ago it took 3 months to get a callback. I didn't use it again until last month. One call took 9 days to get returned, another is 4 weeks and counting.

Yesterday I called about a red light runner. I got a callback within an hour! Driver will be spoken to. If driver is unapologetic I said that I'd go to court.

On the way home last night I saw another red light runner (Cross Guns Bridge, a junction I've reported numerous times). I rang TW this morning. We realised that I had the wrong reg plate but the report was taken anyway. I got a callback within 30 mins! The Garda said that it is a known problem junction and that they'd keep a closer eye on it.

On the way in this morning, as I was about to cross the Cross Guns Bridge junction, a car ran the red light. I turned the bike around and followed the car (I knew it would get stopped at the next lights and I wanted to get the reg 100% correct). I noted the reg. At the next junction the same driver broke the red lights again!! I went straight to Mountjoy Station. If the Gardai want, I will go to court for these two incidents.
    The Garda who took my report said that red light running is a big problem early in the morning. When she's on the way in at 6am she said that she slows as she goes through green lights!

TrafficWatch: 1890-205-805.
    It is a 24 hour service.

Advertisement